1971 A.D. – 1) On January, 25 1971 Prime Minister of Indira Gandhi on the Girija Maidan (The Ridge) in Shimla, inaugurated the Himachal Pradesh as the 18th state of Union of India.
2) Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission and Himachal Pradesh High Court also founded at Shimla.
3) In April, 1971, Himachal Pradesh Electricity Board was established.
1972 A.D. – 1) On July 2, Prime Minister of India, Ms. Indira Gandhi and President of Pakistan Zulfikar Ali Bhutto signed the Shimla Agreement in the heritage building Barnes’ Court at Shimla.
2) On September 1, Hamirpur and Una districts were carved out of the Kangra District. Shimla and Mahasu were reorganized to Shimla and Solan District.
1974 A.D. – 1) On January 1, Himachal Pradesh Institute of Public Administration was established at Fairlawns, Shimla.
2) On March 25, Himachal Pradesh Forest Corporation Ltd. was established.
3) On October 2, Himachal Pradesh Transport Corporation (HRTC) was established.
1977 A.D. –1) First Non- Congress Government heads by Sh. Shanta Kumar of Janta Party was formed in Himachal Pradesh.
2) On April 30, 1977 President Rule (under Article 356 of Constitution) was imposed for the first time in Himachal Pradesh.
1978 A.D. –1) Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Krishi Vishwavidyalya (CSKKV) Palampur (Agriculture University) was established.
2) On March 3, Ayurvedic Medical College was established at Paprola, District Kangra.
3) Shimla Municipal Corporation (only Municipal Corporation in H.P.) was founded.
4) Solan District Industrial Centre was established.
1981 A.D. –1) On May 2, Dr. Y.S. Parmar first Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh passed away.
2) Petterhoff (The former residence of the Viceroy of India & the high Court of Punjab was gutted in fire).
1983 A.D. – Office of Lokayukta founded in Himachal Pradesh, T.V.R. Tatachari became first Lokayukta of Himachal Pradesh.
1985 A.D. – 1) Snowdon Hospital was renamed as Indira Gandhi Medical College (IGMC), Shimla.
2) Dr. Y.S. Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry was founded at Nauni, District Solan.
1986 A.D. – Himachal Pradesh Administrative Tribunal was established under the Chairmanship of Justice Hira Singh.
Liked the article? We’re a non-profit website. Make a donation and help us build our work.