2007 A.D – 1) On December 18, Union Minister P. Chidambaram launched “Common Man’s Insurance Scheme” (Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna), at Shimla.
2) Ayurvedic Medical College Paprola was renamed as Rajiv Gandhi Ayurvedic Medical College.
2008 A.D –1) Himachal Pradesh Government Launched e-governance Plan called ‘HIMSWAN’ on February 5, 2008.
2) On July, 2008, United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) granted the inscription of the 96.54 km long Kalka – Shimla as a World Heritage site.
3) In August, Himachal Pradesh Administrative Tribunal was abolished by the Govt. of Himachal Pradesh.
4) Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Professor Prem Kumar Dhumal on November 23, 2008, launched “Atal Bijali Bachat Yojna” at Prini, District Kullu.
2009 A.D –1) On July 10, Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Prof. Prem Kumar Dhumal launched the first Private Radio Station (91.9 BIG FM) of Himachal Pradesh at Shimla.
2) On September 20, Himachal Pradesh has been awarded with the construction of first three kilometers of Bhanupali – Bilaspur – Beri Broad – gauge Railway line at a cost of Rs. 17.25 Crore with funding ratio of 75:25 between the Centre and the State Govt.
2010 A.D – 1) ) On August 28, the then, Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Prof. Prem Kumar Dhumal laid the foundation of stone of the First Textile Park in Thathal village (Amb Sub- Division of Una District).
2) Rohtang Tunnel’s work commenced on June 28, which is 8.8 km long.
3) Subedar- Major Vijay Kumar (Arjun Awardee) of Harsaur Village of Barsar Sub- Division of District Hamirpur won 3 Gold & One Silver medal at the 19th Commonwealth Games, 2010 held at Delhi.
4) On December 25, Prof. Prem Kumar Dhumal launched Atal Swasthya Sewa Yojna, a 24 hours free ambulance service with a toll free number 108.
2011 A.D – 1) On January 06, Himachal Pradesh Cabinet approves 3 percent reservation to the sports persons for winning Gold, Silver or Bronze Medal in All India and National Level School Games.
2) Private Educational Institutions Regulatory Commission was set up in Himachal Pradesh.
2012 A.D – On December 25, Sh. Virbhadra Singh sworn – in as Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister for a Record sixth term.
2013 A.D – On August 04, Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Sh. Virbhadra Singh launched “Rajiv Gandhi Ann Yojna” under National Food Security Act, 2013.
Liked the article? We’re a non-profit website. Make a donation and help us build our work.