Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
Mother Teresa Matri Asahay Sambal Yojna:
- HP Cabinet has decided to increase financial assistance to the eligible destitute women and widows under Mother Teresa Matri Asahay Sambal Yojna from existing Rs. 5000 to Rs. 6000 per child per annum subject to a maximum of two children for their proper upbringing.
Question: Write a short note on Mother Teresa Matri Asahay Sambal Yojna. [60 words]
Answer in the comment box.
Disability Cell to be established:
- HP Cabinet decided to establish a ‘Disability Cell’ in the Directorate of Scheduled Castes, Other Backward Classes, Minorities and Empowerment of Specially Abled Persons Department for the empowerment of persons with special abilities
The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Act, 2019:
- The Cabinet accorded its consent to implement “The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Act, 2019 regarding conducting 5th and 8th class examination for which questions papers and answer sheets will be provided by Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education Dharamshala and conduction of examination and evaluation will be accomplished under the supervision of Deputy Director, Elementary Education of the concerned district.
Question: What are the provisions of RTE Act 2009? [120 words]
Answer in the comment box.
Mukhya Mantri Nutan Polyhouse Pariyojna:
- HP Cabinet gave its approval for implementation of Mukhya Mantri Nutan Polyhouse Pariyojna (Phase-I) with a total outlost of Rs. 78.57 crore for construction of poly house, installation of micro-irrigation scheme and undertaking extension activities like training and sensitization of farmers.
‘Mukhya Mantri Swablamban Yojna- 2019:
- The Cabinet gave its consent to increase the upper age limit for availing the benefits of newly launched ‘Mukhya Mantri Swablamban Yojna- 2019 from 35 years to 45 years so as to cover more people under this scheme which has been framed by the merger of Mukhya Mantri Yuva Ajivika Yojna and Mukhya Mantri Swablamban Yojna-2018.
Center of Excellence For Diary Farming to be built with 44.12 Crore:
- Central Government has approved construction of modern dairy farms and training centers at various places in the state.
- The dairy farms to be built under this center will have the facility of keeping 400 milch animals along with modern machines for these farms.
- The creation of the farms will add to the income of farmers and also help in improving the quality of livestock and milk.
- With the help of modern technology, conception techniques in animals will be improved.
- It will also help in preventing diseases among animals.
Some facts for Prelims:
- Regional Horticulture Research and Training Station is situated in Craignano at Mashobra.
- State Agriculture Management & Extension Training Institute (SAMETI) is situated at Mashobra.