Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
June 08-14, 2019
HPTDC to impart training under ‘Hunar Se Rojgar Tak’:
- Himachal Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (HPTDC) will be imparting training to unemployed youths above 18 years in three of its prime properties at Hotel Kunzam-Manali, Hotel Holiday Home-Shimla and Palace Hotel- Chail.
- This initiative by HPTDC is in compliance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India with regards to the ‘Hunar Se Rojgar Tak’ (HSRT), a centrally sponsored programme and scheme.
Chief Secretary (CS) holds review meeting on road safety:
- CS said that the state government is committed to ensure road safety and automated driving test tracks will also be established in the state.
- As per the data obtained from Road Accident Data Management System (RADMS), the major causes of the accidents in the state are rash driving, over speed, dangerous overtaking, drugs/alcohol intake, slippery and uneven road surfaces, suspected vehicle defect, adverse weather, non-provision of parapets/crash barrier on outer curves etc.
- Human error remains the main cause of accidents in the state which was 93.61 percent in 2019.
- CS directed the police department to strictly punish those found guilty of violating traffic rules as per the law.
MoU signed between State Government and FIZ:
An MoU was signed between the Government of Himachal Pradesh and Frankfurt Innovation Zentrum (FIZ) in the presence of Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur at Frankfurt, Germany to explore areas of collaboration in the fields of:
- Ayurgenomics (Ayurveda and Genomics)
- Precision medicine
- Precision agriculture.
CM invites Netherland to invest in food processing industry:
- Himachal Pradesh is known as ‘Fruit Bowl’ of India and produces varied types of fruits due to its different climatic conditions.
- There is a vast scope of investment in fruit and food processing.
- Since Dutch has perfection on water management and good innovative practices in agriculture and horticulture by using less land, which can be very beneficial for a state like Himachal.