Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
College of Horticulture at Thunag was opened:
- The College of Horticulture and Centre of Excellence for Horticulture Research and Extension is opened at Thunag in Mandi district by the state government.
- This institution would go a long way in promoting research in horticulture sector in a big way and provide an opportunity to the horticulturists of the area in particular and of the State in general to adopt latest technologies to increase their produce.
- This is the third college of Horticulture under the Horticulture University in the State.
MLA of Banjar constituency selected for International Visitor Leadership Programme: [Imp. for HPSSC Exams]
- The International Visitors Leadership Programme is organized by the United States of America which will be attended by the world wide youth and he would get an opportunity to interact with their American Counterparts and would learn their political, Cultural and Economic Policies.
Online module of permissions under Section 118 of H.P Tenancy and Land Reforms Act 1972: [Imp. for HAS Prelims and Mains]
- This module would also ensure transparency in the process of approval regarding 118 cases.
- Section 118 was imposed in the State to safeguard the farmers of the State.
- Section 118 also at a time causes hurdle in expediting the pace of development due to cumbersome procedure and delay in approvals.
- The State Government has not made any changes or amendments in 118, but was only in favour of making the process of getting 118 a bit simple and transparent.
- All the clearances of Section 118 have now been made online so that the people could get its clearances done at the earliest.
- This project has been started in pilot basis from Mandi district.
Waste management plants to be set up in Baddi and Kangra on pilot basis:
- The State Government would consider to set up such waste management plants in Baddi industrial area in Solan district and one famous temple in Kangra district on a pilot basis.
- On the success of these two pilot projects, the State Government could consider setting up such units in other parts of the State.
10 MoUs worth Rs. 25,772 crore signed with 3PSUs at Power Conclave:
570 MoUs worth about Rs 75,700 crore signed till date
- A Power Conclave was organised by the Department of MPP and Power in which as many as 10 MoUs were signed for hydro projects with an investment of Rs. 25,772 crore with a capacity of 2927 MW providing potential employment to 13,250 persons with NTPC, SJVNL and NHPC for harnessing identified hydro projects in the State.
- The State was a ‘blessed state’ as it has been bestowed with bounties of nature like presence of vast river basins of five rivers that provide an immense potential of more than 23,500 MW harnessable hydro energy.
- The State had achieved 100% rural electrification in 1988 and today is acknowledged as ‘Clean & Green Power Destination’.
Special campaign against drug menace from 15 November: [Imp. for HPAS Mains]
- The month-long special campaign against the drug menace would be launched in the state from 15 November to 15 December, 2019 with the help of Health, Education, Youth Services and Sports, Home, Police departments and Himachal Pradesh State Red Cross Society whereas the department of Social Justice and Empowerment will be the nodal department for this campaign.
- The state government had been making all-out efforts to check drug menace by organising various programmes and activities through different departments.
- Every citizen will have to come forward in supplementing the efforts of the government so that the youth could be saved from the clutches of the drug abuse and they could contribute in building a healthy and vibrant society and the nation.