Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 1 to 15 should not exceed to 60 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 4 marks.
1. Describe the impacts of migration on India’s cultural heritage.
2. Discuss about the main features of temple architecture of South India.
3. What do you mean by the terms ‘Parestroika’ and ‘Glasnost’?
4. Discuss Mussolini’s policy towards Abyssinia and Spain.
5. Explain voluntary disasters with suitable examples.
6. What is river regime?
7. Briefly describe the objectives of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna in India.
8. Discuss the meaning and types of kinship system.
9. Give your comments on causes and consequences of inter-caste marriage in India.
10. Define corruption and discuss its different types.
11. Describe in brief the folk dramas of Himachal Pradesh.
12. Describe in brief the marriage forms prevalent in Kinnaur district.
13. Describe Kulluvi Nati’s world record.
14. Write a note on Nalwari fair of Bilaspur district.
15. What do you mean by Bethu system? Discuss.
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 16 to 25 should not exceed to 120 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 8 marks.
16. “Industrial Revolution was the major cause for the emergence of imperialism.” Comment.
17. Explain the regional divison of Himalayas with suitable sketch.
18. While defining natural vegetation discuss various factors affecting the distribution of natural vegetation in India.
19. Write a detailed essay on various facets of population composition in India.
20. Discuss various problems and prospects of Indian railways transport system in recent times.
21. How does religiosity convert into communalism? Give your comments on it with suitable examples.
22. Do you think different measures taken by Central Govt. for upliftment of differetly-able persons of sociaty, justified? Comment on it.
23. Explain the relation of the Sikh with the Hill states in 19th Century.
24. Comment on the ‘Jhugga agitation’ of Bilaspur and the ‘Bumh Movement’ of Bushehr.
25. Discuss in brief the hill paintings of Himacha Pradesh.
Attempt all questions. Answer to Question No. 26 to 28 should not exceed to 400 words in each case. Contents of the answers are more important than their length. Each question carries 20 marks.
26. ‘Relation between religion and politics has been a subject of controversy since long.’ Analyse Gandhi’s view on this issue.
27. Discuss the universal basis of social stratification. Critically examine the different approaches of it.
28. Describe the major types of natural vegetation of Himachal Pradesh.