1) What is the approximate height of Chander Tal Lake situated in Lahaul-Spiti? – Ans. 4270 mt.
2) Who was the first Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court? – Ans. Justice M.H. Beg
3) On which river Baglihar Hydro-Electric Project (450 MW) proposed to be built: – Ans. Chenab
4) Who is the Lok Ayukta of Himachal Pradesh? – Ans. Justice Bhawani Singh
5) Who inaugurated the Shimla-Kalka rail track on November 9, 1903 A.D.? – Ans. Lord Curzon
6) How many Municipal Corporations are there in Himachal Pradesh? – Ans. One (Shimla)
7) Who conceived the idea of Nalwari Fair of Bilaspur in 1889 A.D.? – Ans. W.Goldstein
8) When was present Mandi district formed? – Ans. 15 April 1948
9) Who is the Chancellor of H.P. Agriculture University at Palampur? – Ans. Dr. V.S. Kokje (The Governor of Himachal Pradesh)
10) What is the average life expectancy of Himachal Pradesh of Himachal Pradesh? – Ans. 67 Years
11) Who wrote the book “Himalayan Circuit”? – Ans. G.D. Khosla
12) The instrument used for measuring optical activity is: – Ans. Polari meter
13) Which mountain range separates Lahaul-Spiti and Kinnaur from Tibet? – Ans. Zanskar Range
14) Nicholas Roerich (Maharishi) painted nearly 7000 canvases in the Himalayas. To which country did he belong? – Ans. Russia
15) Who was crowned Miss World 2006? – Ans. Tatana Kucharova
16) Where is the only temple of Rishi Lomushiri located in Himachal Pradesh? – Ans. Rewalsar (Mandi)
17) Which is the smallest Dam in Himachal Pradesh? – Ans. Pandoh Dam (Mandi)
18) Which district of Himachal Pradesh has lowest population (Census 2011)? – Ans. Lahaul-Spiti
19) A gentleman from Himachal Pradesh has set the world record of fastest and most accurate typing. Who is he? – Ans. Rajender Singh
20) Who was the Chief Counsellor of The Aryan King Divodas? – Ans. Rishi Bhardwaj
21) When was the I.A.S. cadder sanctioned for Himachal Pradesh? – Ans. 1971 A.D.
22) In whose reign did Basholi School of Painting come into prominence? – Ans. Raja Kripal Pal (1678 – 1694 A.D.)
23) Who established the state of Hindur (Nalagarh) in 1000 A.D.? – Ans. Raja Ajay Chand
24) Who was the Lt. Governor of Himachal Pradeshbetween 1955 to 1963? – Ans. Sh. Bajrang Bahadur Singh
25) When did Dr. Y.S. Parmar become the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh for the first time? – Ans. 24 March 1952
26) In which district is Mani Mahesh Lake located? – Ans. Chamba
27) In which District of Himachal Pradesh is ‘Ukhyang’ or ‘Phulech’ festival celebrated? – Ans. Kinnaur
28) Who is the local deity of Rampur Valley (Bushahr state in Shimla District)? – Ans. Badrinath
29) Where is Gaj Hydel project located in Himachal Pradesh? – Ans. Shahpur (Kangra)
30) Which city in Himachal Pradesh known as ‘CHOTI KASHI’? – Ans. Mandi
31) Where is India’s biggest Wildlife Sanctuary for Gir Lions? – Ans. Gujarat
32) Which country is also known as “The Land of the Mid Night Sun”? – Ans. Norway
33) What is ‘Nine O Nine’? – Ans. A collection of short stories written by Nandita Puri
34) How many countries are the Veto Holding permanent members of the United Nations Security Council? – Ans. Five (USA, UK, China, Russia, France)
35) Which acid is found in digestive juices in human body? – Ans. Hydrochloric acid (HCL)
36) Who was the president of Indian National Congress (INC) at the time of independence of India? – Ans. J.B. Kriplani
37) In which year were the first general election held in free India? – Ans. 1952 A.D.
38) Who has been crowned Miss Universe 2006? – Ans. Zulika Rivera Mendoza
39) Who is the present pope of Vatican City? – Ans. Pope Benedict XVI
40) Who won hockey world cup 2006? – Ans. Germany
41) Who has written two lives? – Ans. Vikram Seth
42) What is ornithology? – Ans. Study of Birds
43) Who was the captain of Indian Woman’s Cricket Team that defeated England in 2006? – Ans. Mithali Raj
44) When did Mahatma Gandhi start his Non-Violence Movement against the British? – Ans. 1917 (Champaran satyagraha)
45) When was the Indian Airlines IC-814 flight (from Kathmandu to New Delhi) hijacked to Kandhar? – Ans. 25 December 1999
46) Who has been appointed as the new Secretary General of United Nation Organization (UNO)? – Ans. Ban-Ki-Moon (South Korea)
47) First cereal used by man is: – Ans. Wheat
48) When was Bhagat Singh, the great Martyr, put to his gallows? – Ans. 23 March 1931
49) With which term the “epicenter” associated? – Ans. Earthquake
50) Who is the Chief of the Palestinian militant group “Hamas”? – Ans. Former Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh
51) What is the chemical name of Vinegar? – Ans. Acetic acid (Ethanoic acid)
52) Who wrote the American Declaration of Independence? – Ans. Thomas Jefferson
53) With which kind of dance is Birju Maharaj associated? – Ans. Khatak
54) Who is the first person without legs to scale the Mount Everest? – Ans. Mark Inglish
55) When will India’s first Moon mission (Chardrayaan – I) be launche
d? – Ans. 2008
56) What is the name of Japan’s parliament? – Ans. Diet
57) Who was the Vice-President of India Between 1997 – 2002? – Ans. Dr. K. Krishna Kant
58) When did Guru Gobind Singh create the ‘Khalsa’? – Ans. April 13, 1699
59) Who was the first recipient of Param Vir Chakra? – Ans. Major Somnath Sharma
60) What is the real name of ‘Prachanda’ the great Maoist leader of Nepal? – Ans. Pushap Kamal Dahal
61) What is the chemical name of Baking soda? – Ans. Sodium bicarbonate
62) Who was known as ‘Frontier Gandhi’? – Ans. Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan
63) Who was the first woman to scale Mount Everest? – Ans. Junko Tabaie of Japan in 1975
64) The fish respires through: – Ans. Gills
65) Who was the first speaker of Lok Sabha? – Ans. G.V. Malvankar
66) In how many field Nobel Prize is awarded annually? – Ans. Six (Peace, Chemistry, Literature, Economics, Physics, Physiology)
67) Who wrote ‘In the line of fire’? – Ans. Parvez Mushraff
68) Who was the first Secretary General of United Nations Organization (UNO)? – Ans. Trygve Havledine Lie (of Norway)
69) Who is the world’s first female space Tourist? – Ans. Anousheh Ansari of Iran
70) Which Ocean lies between Africa and Australia? – Ans. Indian Ocean
71) Non-stick kitchenware is coated with: – Ans. Teflon
72) Who won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 2006? – Ans. Orphan Pamuk
73) Who was the Finance Minister in the Interim Government in India in 1946? – Ans. Liyakat Ali Khan
74) When was the Planning Commission of India established? – Ans. March 15, 1950
75) In which field of sports Jhanu Hansda of Jharkhand has made a mark? – Ans. Archery
76) Who is the chairman of 6th pay commission constituted by the government of India? – Ans. Justice B.N. Srikrishna
77) What is the capital of Finland? – Ans. Helsinki
78) Who was the last Viceroy of India? – Ans. Lord Mountbatten
79) The Japanese Art of Flower arrangement is called as: – Ans. Ikebana
80) The Headquarter of SAARC which is established on December 8, 1985 is located at? – Ans. Kathmandu (Nepal)
Write about 150 words in any two of the following:
1) What is the role of Judiciary in India?
2) What is VAT?
3) What are the India’s Achievements in the fields of sports?
4) What are the Civilians awards in India?
5) How is the Prime Minister of India elected?
Write about 150 words in any two of the following:
1) What is the difference between a ‘Mole’ and ‘Spy’?
2) The role of SAARC n promoting peace in South Asia?
3) In which field is China the greatest Military rival of US?
4) Mahatma Gandhi’s Fight against Apartheid in South Africa?
5) Protection & Preservation of Forests in Himachal Pradesh?
Read also: Solved Paper Range Forest Officer 2017
model question paper for forest range officer,forest ranger exam question paper 2012, hp range forest officer previous question papers,range forest officer question paper 2016, forest exam question paper 2015, hppsc rfo question papers, karnataka range forest officer previous question papers, forest range officer kerala previous question papers, himachal range forest officer previous question papers