Genera Studies Paper 1
Unit 1: SUB UNIT-3
- Emergence and growth of early medieval states: Kangra, Kullu, and Chamba. The Hill States and their relations with the Mughals and the Sikhs.
- Gorkha invasion- its nature and consequences, Treaty of Segauli.
- Hill States under Colonial power: Political and Administrative History, Grants, Sanads, and territorial aggression.
- Social and Economic conditions under the colonial period with special reference to social practices of Beth, Begar, and Reet.
- Establishment of British Cantonments.
- National Movement with special reference to Praja Mandal movements in Himachal Pradesh, 1848-1948.
- Five Year Plans and vision for the developed Hill State.
- Survey of artistic and cultural Heritage (Temples, Buddhist Monasteries, and Paintings).
Kath Kuni Architecture of Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
What is Polyandry? – Himachal Pradesh General Studies
Beth, Begar and Reet System in Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
Reet/Rit System in Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
Beth System in Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
Industrialization in the state of Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
The Himachal Pradesh Tourism Policy, 2019 – HPAS Mains
Hazard Vulnerability and Risk Profile of Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
Caste system in Himachal Pradesh
Schedule Tribe Population in Himachal Pradesh
Ancient and Modern Tribes of Himachal Pradesh
Agro Climate Zones of Himachal Pradesh
Types of Soils found in Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh State Forest Report 2019
Genera Studies Paper 2
The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Guarantee Act 2011 – HPAS Mains
Administrative reforms for effective public service delivery in Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly Election Statistics 2017
Genera Studies Paper 3
Diversification in Agriculture and allied activities, Land tenure and size of landholdings in Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
Himachal Pradesh State Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan, Endangered and threatened species of Himachal Pradesh, Factors responsible for Biodiversity decline in Himachal Pradesh. – HPAS Mains
Social, Economic and Cultural implications of Tourism in Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
Types of tourism: religious, adventure, heritage, Important tourist destinations in Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
Concept of Eco-Tourism and green tourism and their role in the sustainable development of the State of Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
Himachal Pradesh Industrial Investment Policy, 2019 – HPAS Mains
Environmental concerns of the tourism industry, both positive and negative effects including climate change with reference to Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
Concept of Himachal State Wide Area Network (HIMSWAN) – HPAS Mains
Concept of LokMitra Kendra in Himachal Pradesh – HPAS Mains
What is Mukhya Mantri Seva Sankalp Helpline?
Aryabhatta Geo-Informatics Space Application Centre (AGISAC) – HPAS Mains
Kangra Tea – Himachal Pradesh
Relevance and role of Intellectual Property Rights, Geographical Indications and Traditional wisdom and knowledge in sustainable development of the State
Bio Technology Policy of Himachal Pradesh – 2014
Tourism Policy of Himachal Pradesh 2005
Industrial Policy of Himachal Pradesh 2013