Himachal Pradesh Monthly Current Affairs
Governor releases Dr. Rachna Gupta’s book Devdhara Himachal Pradesh:
- The Governor was speaking at the release of the book ‘Devdhara: Himachal Pradesh’ published by the National Book Trust, India.
- This book has been written by author and senior journalist Dr. Rachna Gupta, who is also member of Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission.
Justice Sabina sworn in as Judge of HP High Court
- Justice Sabina was sworn in as the Judge of the Himachal Pradesh High Court.
- She was administered the oath of office by Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar in a simple but an impressive ceremony held at Raj Bhawan.
- Acting Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court Justice Ravi Malimath was also present on the occasion.
- The ceremony took place at the Darbar Hall of the Raj Bhawan, where Chief Secretary Ram Subhag Singh conducted the proceedings of oath ceremony and read out the notification issued by the Government of India, Ministry of Law and justice regarding transfer of Justice Sabina as Judge of the High Court of Himachal Pradesh.
Justice Mohammad Rafiq takes oath as Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court:
- Justice Mohammad Rafiq was sworn in as the Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court in Shimla.
- He was administered the oath of office by Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar in a ceremony held at Raj Bhawan.
- The ceremony took place at the Darbar Hall of Raj Bhawan, where Chief Secretary Ram Subhag Singh conducted the proceedings of oath ceremony and read out the notification issued by the Government of India, Ministry of Law and Justice regarding transfer of Justice Mohammad Rafiq as Chief Justice of the High Court of Himachal Pradesh.
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur and his wife Dr. Sadhna Thakur were also present on the occasion.
About Justice Mohammad Rafiq:
Justice Mohammad Rafiq was born on 25th May, 1960 at Sujangarh in Churu district of Rajasthan. He completed B.Com in 1980, LL.B in 1984 and M.Com in 1986 from University of Rajasthan. He later on joined the Bar and practised as Advocate after enrolment with the Bar Council of Rajasthan on 8th July, 1984. He practised exclusively in Rajasthan High Court at Jaipur in almost all branches of law and especially conducted constitutional matters, service matters, land acquisition cases, land revenue cases, preventive detention cases, customs & excise matters, railway claims cases, tax matters, company matters and criminal matters before the High Court.
He worked as Assistant Government Advocate for the State of Rajasthan from 15th July, 1986 to 21st December, 1987 and Deputy Government Advocate from 22nd December, 1987 to 29th June, 1990. He appeared before the High Court as panel advocate for various Departments of the State Government for five years i.e. from 1993 to 1998. He also represented the Union of India as Standing Counsel from 1992 to 2001 before the High Court. He also represented the Indian Railways, Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board, Rajasthan Board of Muslim Wakfs, Jaipur Development Authority, Rajasthan Housing Board and Jaipur Municipal Corporation before the Rajasthan High Court.
He was appointed as Additional Advocate General for the State of Rajasthan on 7th January, 1999 and worked as such till his elevation to the Bench. He was appointed as Judge of the Rajasthan High Court on 15th May, 2006. He also worked as Acting Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court twice; from 7th April, 2019 to 4th May, 2019 and from 23rd September, 2019 to 5th October, 2019. He was also the Executive Chairman of the Rajasthan State Legal Services Authority and the Administrative Judge of the Rajasthan High Court prior to elevation as the Chief Justice. He was the Chief Justice of the High Court of Meghalaya from 13th November, 2019 to 26th April, 2020. Justice Mohammad Rafiq was administered the oath of office of the Chief Justice of Orissa High Court on 27th April, 2020, on being transferred from the Meghalaya High Court. He was administered the oath of office of the Chief Justice of the High Court of Madhya Pradesh on 3rd January, 2021, on being transferred from the Orissa High Court.
Governor inaugurates Kullu Dussehra festival:
- The week-long international Kullu Dussehra festival commenced with traditional fervour at Dhalpur ground.
- Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar inaugurated the festival by participating in the Rathyatra of Lord Raghunath.
- Justice Sandeep Sharma, Judge of Himachal Pradesh High Court was also present on the occasion.
- The Governor felicitated the people of the State on the auspicious occasion of Dussehra, which symbolizes victory of the truth over evil.
- He said that the culture of Himachal Pradesh was unique and had a distinct identity.
- The fairs and festivals celebrated here round the year provide a glimpse of rich traditions and beliefs of the people, he added.
- As many as 332 deities from various parts of Kullu district were invited and 170 are participating in this festival.
Governor inaugurates The Great Wall of Shimla:
- Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar today inaugurated The Great Wall of Shimla, a Waste to Wealth Initiative of Orchid Shimla.
- Orchid has made a new beginning in the direction of environmental protection and through The Great Wall of Shimla, it has given the message of environmental protection by using waste material in an artistic way.
- The Great Wall of Shimla, largest enviroscope Mural about 275 feet long and 15 feet height created by using approximately 5 lakh waste bottle caps and carbon free recycled plastic. These murals have been put together by residents of Shimla including school children, senior citizen.
Contribute towards eradication of drug abuse: Shri Arlekar
- Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar said that the festival of Vijayadashami was the day of victory of good over evil.
- The significance of this day would be meaningful only when we would make our contribution in eradicating the social evil like drug addiction from the society.
- The Governor was speaking in a program organized at Atal Sadan on the occasion of the formal inauguration of the International Kullu Dussehra Festival.
- He said that drug addiction was increasing rapidly in society and youth were falling prey to it which was fatal.
- He added that everyone needs to be considerate about it and must contribute in taking concrete steps in this regard.
- He said that public participation was necessary on social issues.
- We should resolve that not only ourselves but also others have to be saved from the evil of drugs, said the Governor.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: