Himachal Pradesh Monthly Current Affairs
CM inaugurates the campus of H.P. State Cooperative Bank of Rohru branch:
- The Himachal Pradesh State Cooperative Bank has been providing efficient and reliable banking services to about 16 lakh consumers through its 218 branches and 23 extension centers located at the remotest parts of the State.
- The Cooperative Bank has achieved new milestone by surpassing the magical figure of Rs. 19000 crore gross businesses in the State.
- The bank has provided loan of Rs. 1448 crore to people of the State engaged in agricultural activities.
CM inaugurates de-addiction and rehabilitation centre in Mandi:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur inaugurated the state’s first Model De-addiction and Rehabilitation Centre in Government sector with 20 bed capacity at Raghunath ka Padhar in Mandi district.
- The State Government was committed to provide de-addiction and rehabilitation services to rescue the youth who unfortunately have become drug addicted.
- The state government has implemented a three-pronged strategy in the state with the objective of reducing the supply and demand of drugs and reducing the damage caused due to drug abuse.
- The State Government has made drug paddling a non bailable offence and the property of those involved in this crime was being confiscated.
- He assured that efforts would be made to further strength this centre.
Himachal to be made model state of electronic vehicles: Bikram Singh
- Transport Minister Bikram Singh said that Himachal Pradesh would be developed as model state in the use of electronic vehicles.
- The use of electronic vehicles would be beneficial in conservation of environment and sustainable development along with the creation of employment opportunities.
- The implementation of the Electric Vehicle Policy in Himachal Pradesh would encourage people to use electric vehicles.
- Charging stations and charging points would be set up to facilitate the people of the state. This facility would be made available at petrol pumps and other places as well.
- Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board has been identified as nodal agency for this purpose.
- A detailed discussion on establishing transport town and driving training and inspection centre at Nadaun was also done.
- The Inspection and Automatic Vehicle Testing Centre would be established on 32 bighas land with an expenditure of Rs. 16.35 crore at Baddi.
Some scheme names has been renamed. They are:
- The Cabinet decided to rename Himachal Grihini Suvidha Yojna as Mukhyamantri Grihini Suvidha Yojna.
- The Cabinet decided to rename Himachal Health Care Yojna- Himcare as Mukhyamantri Himachal Health Care Yojna-Himcare.
- The Cabinet gave its nod to rename Sahara Yojna as Mukhyamantri Sahara Yojna.
H.P. to achieve 100 percent vaccination of Covid-19 by November 2021 : CM
- Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Commerce and Industries Piyush Goyal has appreciated the achievements of the Himachal Pradesh Government in becoming first State of the Country in providing cent-percent first dose of Covid-19 vaccination to the eligible age groups besides ensuring food safety to the targeted groups.
- He was addressing Sewa Aur Samarpan Abhiyan at Totu-Jutogh in Shimla.
- Jai Ram Thakur said that the Union Government has provided wholehearted support and cooperation to the State Government to effectively tackle the Covid-19 pandemic in the State.
- He said that the State after achieving the cent-percent target of first dose of vaccination to the eligible population was now striving hard to become first State in the country in achieving the cent-percent vaccination of the people by the end of November this year.
- He said that the State till date has achieved target of about 46 percent second dose vaccination of eligible groups.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: