Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
The population of Flagship Species, Bar-headed Goose have shown a 68% increase from last year (2018-19):
- 115701 birds of 114 different species have been recorded at Pong Dam Lake this year, which include 104032 migratory waterfowls of 60 Species, 10377 resident water birds of 30 species and 1292 birds of 24 other local Species.
- Dominant species are Bar Headed Geese (49496), Northern Pintails (12881), Eurasian Coots(10860), Common Teals(7334), Common Pochards (3988), Northern Shoveler (2818), Great Cormorants(2121), Eurasian Wigeons(1350), Eurasian Wigeon(1350), and Ruddy Shelducks(1028) have been noticed this year.
- Other uncommon bird species recorded in the lake are Common Shelducks (75), Northern Lapwings(32), Common Ringed Plover(20), Pied Avocets(09), Ospreys(05), Black-bellied Terns(05), Common Mergansers(04), Sarus Cranes (02), Eurasian Curlews(02), White-tailed Lapwings(01), Water Pipits(01), Lesser White-fronted Goose(01), and Buff-bellied Pipit(01).
- The population of Flagship Species of Pong Lake, Bar-headed Geese have shown a 68% increase from last year (2018-19) as the total count was 29443 as compared to 49496 Bar-headed Geese this year.
HP tax revenue collection increased by 17.2 percent:
- The Himachal Pradesh government has succeeded in ensuring increase of overall tax revenue collection of 17.2 percent till 31st January 2020, which was a healthy sign of economic growth of the State.
- The state has collected taxes of more than Rs. 600 crore in the financial year 2019-2020 over the corresponding year in the financial year 2018-19.
- The results for the current year were also encouraging, as the overall GST collection has registered a growth of 50.76 percent.
MoUs worth Rs. 15 thousand crores received after Global Investors Meet:
- MoU’s worth Rs. 15 thousand have been signed after Global Investors’ Meet, which was organized in November 2019.
- 703 MoU’s have been signed so far, with proposed investment of Rs. 96720.88 crore.
- Nine MoU’s worth Rs. 309.55 crore were signed in Agri-Business, Food Processing, and Post Harvest Technology, 250 MoU’s of Rs. 17063.22 crore in Manufacturing and Pharmaceuticals, 225 MoU’s, worth Rs. 16559.94 crore signed in Tourism, Hospitality and Civil Aviation sector, 18 MoU’s of Rs. 34112 crore in Hydro and Renewable Energy.
- Besides these 50 MoU’s of Rs. 1901.75 crore have been signed-in Wellness, Healthcare, and Ayush, 76 MoU’s of Rs. 21740.36 crore in Housing, Urban Development and Transport, 14 MoU’s of Rs. 2833.21 crore signed in Information Technology, ITES and Electronics, 57 MoU’s of Rs. 2034.85 crore in Education and Skill Development and four MoU’s of Rs. 166 crore in various sectors.
- Employment to 196800 persons is proposed through these MoU’s.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: