Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
Nadaun Police Station ranked as one of the best Police Stations of India:
- Nadaun Police Station of district Hamirpur has been ranked as one of the best Police Stations of the country and the best Police Station of the State.
- The Certificate of Excellence was provided to this Police Station by Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
State Government to start Craft and Tourism Mela for promoting traditional crafts of State:
The State Government has decided to start a Craft and Tourism Mela in the State on the pattern of Surajkund International Fair to promote traditional crafts of Himachal Pradesh. CM directed the officers to expedite the matter regarding transfer of land near Kandaghat in Solan district, so that it could be constructed at earliest to organize this fair.
Other initiatives by the government of Himachal Pradesh:
- Rs. 18.65 crore spent under Nai Raahein Nai Manzilein.
- Under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme, a convention centre was coming up at Kiarighat in Solan district with a cost of Rs. 25 crore.
- Work of village Haat at Kangra, free-standing artificial climbing wall at Manali, art and craft centre at Bhalei Mata temple Chamba were also under progress.
- A Shivdham was being established at Mandi besides construction of ghats for performing Aarti on the banks of Beas in Mandi and also in Kullu district.
- Water sports centre would be constructed in Sunni and Tatapani area, which would be developed as a major tourist destination.
- Chanshal area of Shimla district was being developed as a ski destination under Nai Raahein Nai Manzilein project.
- Bir Billing in Kangra district and Janjehli in Mandi district were being developed under this scheme as paragliding and eco-tourism destination respectively.
- Pong reservoir was being developed as a water sports destination under this project.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: