Birth and Family:
- Deputy Chief Minister Mukesh Agnihotri is son of Late Shri Onkar Chand Sharma.
- He was born on 9th October, 1962 at Village Gondpur in Tehsil Haroli of District Una.
- He is married to Prof. Simmi Agnihotri and has one daughter.
- He has done Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations and Advertisement and M.Sc. (Mathematics).
- He worked as a Senior Correspondent in many reputed newspapers for almost 15 years.
- He remained as a Member of Press Accreditation Committee (H.P. Govt.), State Press Advisory Committee, Press Gallery Committee State Legislative Assembly and Government Pahari Language Committee.
- Apart from this he also remained General Secretary of Press Club, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee and Chairman, Media Cell HPCC Himachal.
- He was elected to the State Legislative Assembly in March, 2003 for the first time.
- He was re-elected to Vidhan Sabha in 2007, 2012 and 2017.
- He also remained Chief Parliamentary Secretary and Chairman, Housing Board from March, 2003 to 18th August, 2005.
- He remained Industries Minister with additional charge of Labour & Employment, Parliamentary Affairs, Information & Public Relations from 25th December 2012 to 20th December 2017.
- He was re-elected to the thirteenth Vidhan Sabha in 2017 and elected as Congress Legislature Party Leader on January, 2018.
- He was also nominated as Member, Business Advisory Committee during this period.
- Mukesh Agnihotri was re-elected to the fourteenth Vidhan Sabha for the fifth term in December, 2022 from Haroli Vidhan Sabha Constituency and sworn in as the Deputy Chief Minister of the State.