Hareta GP in Nadaun and Kamyana in Mashobra block to be developed for eco-tourism activities:
- Chief Minister Thakur Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu has directed the Rural Development and Panchayati Raj departments to commence work on the two eco-tourism projects worth Rs. 16.67 crore sanctioned for Hareta Gram Panchayat in Nadaun block of Hamirpur district and at Kamyana Hilltop in Mashobra block of district Shimla.
- Under these eco-tourism projects, there will be a focus on promoting renewable energy for electrification and employing technology for wildlife conservation and the preservation of flora and fauna.
- The Tourism Development Society and Self Help Groups of the areas would be actively involved for ensuring sustainable eco-tourism, biodiversity conservation and the Panchayati Raj, Forest, Tourism and Rural Development Departments will collaborate for smooth implementation of these projects.
- Various basic amenities and infrastructure would be developed at Hareta Gram Panchayat like developing grasslands, tree houses for night camping, walking and nature trails, cafeteria, children park, solar powered lighting facilities, herbal medicinal plant cultivation etc. He said that 1.2 hectares of area would be developed under this project and about 60 Self Help Groups would be engaged.
- At Kamyana Hilltop, the project will include tree top, cafeteria, landscape zones, kids garden, adventure activities, cycling trails, deodar zone, cactus garden, butterfly garden, all designed to attract more tourists to the area. He said that 24 Self Help Groups will also be involved under this project.
Chief Minister inaugurates Science Learning & Creativity centre at Shoghi
- Chief Minister Thakur Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu inaugurated Centre for Science Learning & Creativity (CSLC) established at cost of Rs. 11 Crore, near Shoghi in Shimla district.
- This state-of-the-art institution is a joint endeavor of HIMCOSTE and the National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) and is equipped with 60 interactive science exhibits, thematic galleries, and informatics displays, all housed within the Institutional Block.
CM releases District Good Governance Index (DGGI)-2022 framework:
Chief Minister Thakur Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu released the District Good Governance Index (HPDGGI) Annual Report-2022 on various critical governance indicators including implementation of schemes and programmes for the well-being of the citizens. DGGI-2022 framework covered 8 themes, 19 focus subjects and 90 indicators.
The report on the District Good Governance Index has been prepared by the Department of Economics and Statistics, Himachal Pradesh on the basis of secondary data of 12 districts, collected to assess the comparative performance of all districts. Himachal Pradesh is the first State in the country who has started to measure the quality of governance in vital sectors.
The DGGI-2022 includes eight themes viz. essential infrastructure, support to human development, social protection, women and children, crime, law and order, environment, transparency and accountability and economic performance.
At the second tier there are 19 focus subjects, each of which falls into the respective themes from which they originate. They encompass power, water, roads, education, health, public distribution scheme, social justice, employment, issues related to children and women, violent crimes, law and order, atrocities, environmental violations, forest cover, issues related to transparency and accountability, contribution as agriculture and allied sector and finally, commerce and industry in the economy.
At the third tier, there are 90 specific variables on which the data available in the districts is analyzed and integrated. The aggregation at the three levels finally results in the district level index which is used to rank the twelve districts, under examination in this report.
As per ranking for 2022, district Kangra bagged first prize of Rs.50 lakh while district Hamirpur was ranked second with prize money of Rs.35 lakh and district Lahaul-Spiti received the third prize of Rs. 25 lakh.
Government identifies 11 eco-tourism sites to attract tourism: CM
- The Government has identified 11 eco-tourism sites in forest areas having scenic and natural beauty including Swaar, Saurabh Van Vihar, Neugal Park, Bir-Billing in Palampur forest division, Kasol, Kheer Ganga and Sumarupa in Parvati forest division, Sojha in Seraj, Narkanda in Kotgarh and Shogi camping site besides Potter Hill camping site under Shimla forest division.
- Every eco-tourism destination will be developed in an area of one hectare. A reserve price has been fixed for these sites to be developed and operated through outsourcing.
CM lays foundation stone of the first Digital Library of the State in Bilaspur
- CM lays foundation stone ceremony of Himachal Pradesh’s first digital library to be built in Roda sector of Bilaspur, with an estimated outlay of rupees three crore.
- The first digital library of its kind in the state will have books available in the form of digital document to be accessed through the internet.
- More such digital libraries will be opened in 10 Panchayats of different areas of Bilaspur district so that the readers of rural areas can derive benefits from it said Sh. Sukhu.
- A contract has been signed with Himachal Pradesh State Electronic Development Corporation for this work.
CM launches ‘Sapnon Ka Sanchay’-Deposit Linked Loan Scheme of Cooperative Bank
- Chief Minister Thakur Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu launched the ambitious scheme of the Himachal Pradesh State Cooperative Bank, ‘Sapno Ka Sanchay– Deposit Linked Loan Scheme’ at the bank’s headquarters on the Mall Road.
- This initiative is to inculcate financial inclusion among students aged 10 to 18 years and further provide financial assistance for their higher education or startup, entrepreneurial or livelihood activity on attaining 18 years.
- The initial saving deposit scheme is for all students of this age group.
- Every year the savings account balance will shift to a Term Deposit account and would fetch Term Deposit Interest for the student.
- ATM Charges shall be waived upto 18 years of age.
- Loan facility of five times the Term Deposit amount, shall be available to the student after turning 18 upto 25 years of age.
Cabinet approves ‘Van Mitra’:
The State Cabinet in its meeting held here under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Thakur Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu decided to approve ‘Van Mitra’ Scheme of the Forest Department under which one ‘Van Mitra’ each, in 2061 Forest Beats would be engaged to strengthen the participation of local communities in protection, conservation and development of forest areas by roping in grass root level institutions and gave nod to fill up 100 vacant posts of Forest Guards in the Forest Department on contractual basis.