PART 1: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1. “Pattan Valley” is located in which district?
2. The Famous Firing Episode of province Dhami took place in
3. Which was the state of H.P. to be merged in India after Independence?
4. Where is the Tihri Dam?
5. Who is the present captain of the Indian Test cricket team?
a)S . Dhoni
6. Who is the governor of Reserve Bank of India?
7. The Indian Defence minister is?
8. Saina Nehwal is associated with which of the game ?
9. The ratio of width of our National flag to its length is
10. Who is the Railway Minister in India?
11. Buddha preached his first sermon at
12. Which gas in the atmosphere absorbs ultraviolet rays
13. 20TH August is celebrated as ?
a)No tobacco day
d)None of the above
14. The largest gold producing country in the world
15. Which metal is in the form of liquid at room temperature
16. The Law of motion were discovered by?
17. The hardest metal substance available on earth
18. Wankhede stadium is situated in
19. Who is the first women President of India
d)None of the above
20. The Indian origin astronaut who stayed in space for 6 months
d)None of the above
21. The first recipient of Rajiv Gandhi “Khel Ratan” award
22. In the Month of November 2015 a Russian Fighter plane was shot down by which country?
23. The Arjun Award were instituted in the year
24. We hear of two envoys being sent to the Roman kings , one in 27-28 A.D. to the court of Augustus and the other in 110-20 AD to the court of
25. The national Anthem was first sung in the year
26. “Madhubani” a style of folk paintings , is popular in which of the following states in India?
d) Madhya Pradesh
27. Which of the following items would not appear in a company’s balance sheet?
a) Cash held at the bank
b) Value of stocks of raw materials held
c) Total issued capital
d) Revenue from sales of the company’s products
28. The minimum age to qualify for election to the Lok Sabha is
a) 25 years
b) 21 years
c) 18 years
d) 35 years
29. The members of the Rajya Sabha are
a) directly elected by the people on the basis of universal adult franchise
b) elected by the members of the state legislative assemblies
c) elected by the members of the state legislative councils
d) elected by the members of the legislative councils and state legislative assemblies
30. Who is the present Director General of D.R.D.O.?
a) Avinash Chandra
b) S. Christoper
c) Raja Ramanna
d) Dr. G. Ramachandran
31. The Sikh military Sect , Khalsa , was induced by
a) Guru Haridev
b) Guru Govind Singh
c) Guru Ramdas
d) Guru Arjun Das
32. Milkha Singh is also known as
a) Punjab Kesri
b) Flying Sikh
d) none of the above
33. Saraswati Samman is given annually for outstanding contribution to
c) fine arts
34. Who led the Aryans against Shambhar?
a) Shiva Das
b) Devo Das
d) Parshu Ram
35. Lord Wevell Plan of the year 1945 was signed at
36. Hari Rai temple is situated at
37. Who is the writer of “ Kangra Painting”?
b) V.R. Sharma
c) Preter Hom
d) M.S. Randhava
38. Where is Andhara Hydro Project?
39. Who brought the statue of Raghunath Ji from Ayodhaya to Kullu?
a) Damodar Das
c) Ram Das
d) Bhumi chand
40. “Asikni” is the ancient name of which river?
41. Who took the oath that he would wear only black clothes till his country achieved freedom?
a) Baba Kanshi Ram
b) Mohammad Mauni
c) Pt. Gainda Mal
d) Comrade Ram Chand
42. The Varieties , Kufri Jyoti , Kufri Chandermukhi and Kufri Alankar are of
43. Who among the following become the first Chief Secretary of H.P.?
a) N.C. Mehta
b) K.L. Mehta
c) B.R. Mehta
d) Ashok Mehta
44. Who built the fort of Nagarkot?
a) Susharma Chand
c) Bidhi Chand
d) Bhim Chand
45. In which District of Himachal Pradesh “Dulchi Pass”?
46. Famous “Jhanjar” dance is related to which of the following districts of the H.P.?
47. Which is the state bird of H.P?
b) Western Tragopan
48. What is the “lady of Keylong”?
49. Who among the following is a winner of Arjun Award from H.P. in shooting?
a) Mohinder Pal
d) None of the above
50. Which of the following lake is not situated in Chamba?
a) Lama Lake
b) Mahakali Lake
c) Servalser Lake
d) Manimahesh Lake