1) Who was the first European to visit Kangra around 1615 A.D?
C. Thomas Coryat
D. Thomas Roe
2) Which Raja of Kumarsain occupied the fort of Shangri and defeated the Raja of Kullu at Krangla and Nagi?
A. Madan Singh
B. Kehar Singh
C. Pritam Singh
D. Ajmer Singh
3) Which Raja of Bilaspur Princely state made the revenue demand payable partly in cash and party in kind?
A. Mahan Chand
B. Kharak Chand
C. Jagat Chand
D. Hira Chand
4) Which Raja of Banghal was treacherously murdered by Sidh Sen, the Raja of Mandi?
A. Raghunath Pal
B. Dalel Pal
C. Prithi Pal
D. Man Pal
5) With which region of HP is Burah and Sih ballets associated?
B. Pangi- Bharmaur
6) In which region of Himachal Pradesh Quila Lohgarh?
7) Near which of the following places in Kangra District is Chinmaya Sandeepani Himalayan Ashram?
8) Who composed the inspirational song of Azad Hind Fauz- Kadam Kadam Barhaye Ja….?
A. Baba Kanshi Ram
B. Lal Chand Prarthi
C. Ram Singh Thakur
D. Prof. Yashpal
9) Who is the Author of the Himalayas: The Abode of Light?
A. Norah Richard
B. Nicholas Roerich
C. Sardar Sobha Singh
D. Amrita Shergil
10) Whose autobiography is titled Looking Back?
A. Thakur Sen Negi
B. Satyanand Stokes
C. Mehar Chand Mahajan
D. Som Ranchan
11) In which district of HP is Triund?
12) On which river is Sissu Hydel Project?
13) When was Special Employment Exchange for physically handicapped set up in HP?
14) Which district of HP got maximum rain in 2014 during the post monsoon session (October-December)?
15) Where is Aero Sports Hostel in HP?
C. Bir Billing
D. Jubbar Hatti
16) Where is Sapni Fort in Kinnaur District?
17) Which Raja of Sirmaur built Nahan Kothi in Panchkula?
A. Karam Prakash
B. Fateh Prakash
C. Jagat Prakash
D. Dharam Prakash
18) Which subdivision of HP witnessed high incidence of Hepatitis B and C during 2015-15?
A. Bharmaur in Chamba
B. Spiti in Lahaul & Spiti
C. Rajgarh in Sirmaur
D. Karsog in Mandi
19) On which of the following grounds will the 2015 All Indian Hot Weather Football Tournament be played?
A. Dhalpur in Kullu
B. Chaugan in Chamba
C. Luhanu in Bilaspur
D. Paddal in Mandi
20) Who is the President of HP State Youth Congress?
A. Naresh Chauhan
B. Vikramaditya Singh
C. Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu
D. Harbhajan Singh Bhajji
21) How many turbines are there in the 800 MW Kol Dam Project?
22) In which year Shimla Municipal Committee replaced by Shimla Municipal Corporation?
23) When was the Town Hall building the nerve center of Shimla, constructed with stone and timber?
24) In which building was Shimla Agreement signed by Mrs. Indira Gandhi and Zulfikar Ali Bhutto in August,1972?
A. Gorton Castle
B. Barnes Court
D. Bantany Castle
25) Which of the following is second heritage site in Himachal Pradesh?
A. Kalka-Shimla Train
B. Great Himalayan National Park
C. Kangra Fort
D. Rashtrapati Nivas Shimla now housing IIAS
26) When was Shimla officially declared the Summer Capital of British Empire in India?
27) For which Block in HP has NABARD sanctioned funds under Tribal Development Programme?
A. Mahla in Chamba
B. Ghumarwin in Bilaspur
C. Amb in Una
D. Nichar in Kinnaur
28) At which bus-stand has HRTC opened APNA store/mall?
29) What was the annual growth rate in the Primary Sector in HP during 2013-14?
A. 9.6 %
B. 12.5 %
C. 14.9 %
D. 15.3 %
30) Which category of Banks has issued the highest number of Kisan Credit Cards in HP upto September, 2014?
A. Commercial Banks
B. Cooperative Banks
C. Regional Rural Banks
D. Other Private Banks
31) According to Gandhiji which of the following has made India bankrupt?
D. All of the above
32) Which event did Gandhiji ragard as advent of Satyagraha in India?
A. Visit to Shanitniketan
B. Viramgram Customs
C. Plague at Wadhwan
D. Visit to Rajkot
33) What name did Gandhiji give to his Ashram at Ahmedabad?
C. Satyagraha Ashram
D. Vaishnav Ashram
34) Which three things Gandhiji vowed not to touch in England?
A. Wine, Tobacco and Meat
B. Tobacco, Meat and Women
C. Women, Tobacco and Wine
D. Wine, Women and Meat
35) Where did Gandhiji meet a lady who helped him get rid of untruth?
36) Japan’s highest civilian award Order of Rising Sun- Gold and Silver Star has been conferred recently on which of the following persons of India?
A. Prof. CNR Rao
B. Mr. Narendra Modi
C. Dr. Anil Kakodkar
D. Dr. S. Radhakrishna
37) ‘Mission Indradhanush’ launched by Government of India aims at:
A. Housing for all by 2025
B. Clean drinking water to all homes by 2025
C. Immunization of all by 2020
D. Pension or social security for all poor by 2025
38) Which Tennis player has won the maximum number of single’s title at Grand Slam Tournaments?
A. Martina Navaratilova
B. Steffi Graf
C. Serena Williams
D. Roger Federer
39) Which of the following year has been designated as the Charlie Chaplin Year to commemorate the legend of satire and filmdom?
40) The deadly ‘Ebola’ became epidemic in which part of Africa?
41) Identify the Asian country as member of an international group of countries involved in negotiations with Iran concerning its Nuclear energy programme:
42) The next international summit to discuss a new climate change treaty is going to be held in December, 2015 in which city?
43) Which year has been declared as International Year of Soils?
44) In television broadcasting, the term DTH refers to:
A. Direct to home
B. Digital transmission to home
C. Digital telescope to home
D. Direct tele services to home
45) Which monument in India is completely Wi-Fi?
A. Taj Mahal
B. Red Fort
C. Golden Temple
D. Qutb Minar
46) GSLV is an acronym for:
A. Geostationary Satellite Launch Vehicle
B. Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle
C. Geostationary Satellite Launch Venue
D. Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Venue
47) In a message on International Yoga Day, who said the famous line- “Yoga does not discriminate, brings satisfaction”?
A. Mr. Narendra Modi
B. Ban Ki Moon
C. Shri Shri Ravishankar
D. Hillary Clinton
48) In one of the biggest acquisitions, Facebook bought which of these?
49) The “BRICK Bank” promoted by BRICS counties has been renamed as:
A. Development Bank of BRICS
B. New Development Bank
C. Development Bank Inc.
D. Infrastructure Bank
50) The landmark “Affordable Care Act” has been introduced for the first time in which country?
- 51) Which Australian Cricketer died recently while playing a first class cricket match?
- Phil Huges
- Kim Huges
- Rodney Marsh
- Doug Walters
52) Which country is the winner of the last Football World Cup?
53) India has set a target of generating 100 GW power from Solar Energy by the year:
54) Which of the following has been identified as the most environment friendly fuel of the future?
- Shale gas
55) The facilities for research on the so called ‘God’s particle’ are located in which country?
56) The migratory birds fly in V-formation because:
- They feel secure
- They avoid colliding with each other
- They have aesthetic sense
- They make best use of air turbulence
57) Which is the first country in the world to have reached Mars in its first attempt?
58) Which of the following cities is the most polluted city?
59) The virus MERS is:
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome
- Middle Europe Respiratory Syndrome
- Middle East Respiratory Signal
- Middle Europe Respiratory Signal
60) ‘IoT’ refers to:
- Internet of Things
- Intranet of Teleservices
- International Organisation of Teleservices
- Internet Organisation of Telecommunication
61) The national ‘Jal Kranti Ahhiyan’ by Ministry of Water Resources River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation was formally launched from which city?
62) A material called ‘Jahn-Teller’ having a combination of insulator, magnetic, metallic and super-conductor properties, was discovered by scientist from which country?
63) Recently two blue whales were spotted in nearly 100 years off the coast of which state?
- Tamil Nadu
64) In the list of Environment Democracy Index released in the Year 2015, which country is at the top?
65) Which is the largest wind power generating company in India?
- Tata Power
66) Which country in Europe has been facing serious financial crisis these days?
67) Charlie Hebdo shooting incident happened in which city?
68) To help Nepal tackle the crisis in the aftermath of massive earthquake, India launched:
- Operation Maitri
- Operation Earthquake Relief
- Operation Himalaya
- Operation Humanitarian
69) The 100th Constitutional Amendment Act, 2015 pertains to Land Boundary Agreement between:
- India and Nepal
- India and Myanmar
- India and Bhutan
- India and Bangladesh
70) Recently announced Mission for rejuvenation and urban transformation is named after whom?
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji
- Atal Bihari Vajpeyee
- Abdul Kalam
71) Which famous sportsperson has been named as Brand Ambassador by Kerala State to promote Tourism and Ayurveda for ‘Visit’ Kerala Scheme?
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Maria Sharapova
- Steffi Graf
- Saina Nehwal
72) The Multidimensional Poverty Index (2015) released from a study carried out by University of Oxford shows the percentage number of poor people in the world to be around:
- 15 %
73) National Mission on Mental Health was launched in the year:
74) Who is the father of SMS?
- Samir Bhatia
- Anuj Gupta
- Matti Makkonen
- Thomas Kurian
75) Globally accepted internet speed on mobile phones for 4-G transmission is:
- 50-100 Mbps
- 10-25 Mbps
- 100-200 Mbps
- 25-50 Mbps
76) The name of first international treaty/protocol on climate change is associated with:
- Rio de Janeiro
77) Sister Nirmala associated with Late Mother Teresa’s Organisation Missionaries of Charity in Kolkata was born in:
78) The original Group of G-8 countries is now G-7 group of counties. Which country has been left out?
79) Recently, which of the following hill states has been included in the National Dairy Plan-I of India?
- Arunachal Pradesh
80) According to WikiLeaks, the US National Security Agency eavesdropped on last three Presidents of which groups?
81) Who is the author of the novel- ‘Fire on the Mountain’?
- Chetan Bhagat
- Vikram Seth
- Salman Rushdi
- Anita Desai
82) Which one of these is not a computer programming language?
83) Researchers at NASA in USA have recently identified the coldest place in the universe known as Boomrang Nebula which has a temperature of:
- 1 Kelvin
- 4 Kelvin
- 8 Kelvin
- 12 Kelvin
84) The International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor being constructed to produce fusion energy is located in:
- United Kingdom
85) For the invention of energy efficient Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) the Nobel Prize winning scientists were:
86) The atmosphere on Mars mainly consists:
- Carbon dioxide
87) To highlight the importance of light and optical technologies for the people and society, the UN General Assembly proclaimed which year as the International Year of Light and Light based Technologies?
88) Energy Star-rated CFLs compared to ordinary light bulbs consume how much less energy to produce the same amount of illumination?
89) One of the greatest innovator in the field of acoustics was of Indian origin. Who was he?
- AG Bose
- SN Bose
- MN Saha
- Homi Bhaba
90) Which of the following animals is a vulnerable, endemic species of the eastern Himalayan region?
- Giant Panda
- Red Panda
91) Earth Day is an annual event celebrated around the world on:
- 22nd April
- 11th July
- 16th September
- 5th June
92) Which Scientist’s name is associated with the so called God’s particle?
- Steven Weinberg
- Sheldon Lee Glashow
- Peter W. Higgs
- Abdus Salam
93) Which is the India’s national ‘aquatic’ animal?
- River Dolphin
94) The recently elected British Prime Minister Mr. David Cameron belongs to which political party in Britain?
- Conservative Party
- Labour Party
- Liberal Democratic Party
- Scottish Nationalist Party
95) Which Oil Company was penalized heavily for causing environmental disaster due to oil spill in sea?
- Total S.A
- Cairn Energy
- British Petroleum
- Brit Oil
96) Which spiritual and humanitarian leader has been conferred the highest civilian award by Columbian Parliament for promoting world peace?
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Maharishi Yogi
- J.N. Krishnamurthy
- Baba Ramdev
97) NET neutrality means:
- All internet contents must be treated alike and move at the same speed
- Owner of the Internet are free to charge for the content they provide
- Owner of the Internet can select the content that they transmit
- The internet owners can block access to user of some websites
98) The Royal Institute of British Architects has billed him as India’s greatest architect. Who is he?
- Charles Correa
- Nari Gandhi
- Hafeez Contractor
- Christopher C. Benninger
99) Who was the first elected or appointed female head of the government of any country in the modern history of world?
- Sirimavo Bandaranaike
- Indira Gandhi
- Golda Meir
- Isabel Martinez de Peron
100) Who had said- “Man and woman are of equal rank but they are not identical”?
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Nelson Mandela
- Winston Churchill
- Margret Thatcher