1.Who was the first President of Indian National Congress (1885)? – Wyomesh Chandra Banerjee
- Prime Minister of India who did not face the Parliament? – Chaudhary Charan Singh
- Who is known as the “Grand Old Man of India”? – Dadabhai Naroji
- Name of the Indian who returned the “Knighthood conferred on him as a token of protest against the atrocities in Punjab in 1919 – Rabindranath Tagore
- Which Sufi Saint’s dargah is at Ajmer? – Muinuddin chisti
- “Swaraj is my birthright”. Who said it ? – Balgangadhar Tilak
- Who among Kabirdas, Surdas, Bihari & Raskhan was a blind poet who spread Krishna Bhakti cult? – Surdas
- Babar laid the foundation of Mughal empire in 1526 defeating – Ibrahim Lodhi
- Akbar defeated Rana Pratap in the battle of Haldighati in the year – 1576
- Who among Babur, Humayun, Akbar & Jahangir was ignorant of the art of reading and writing? – Akbar
- Who among Dutch, English, French and Portuguese were the last to come as traders to preindependence India? – French
- The first Muslim invasion ( in 712 A.D.) of India was led by – Muhammad-Bin-Qasim
- Which Muslim emperor was attracted by the beauty of Queen Padmini? – Alauddin Khilji
- The first writer to use Urdu as the medium of poetic expression was – Amir Khusrau
- “Brahmo Samaj” in 1828 was founded by – Raja Ram Mohan Roy
- Tipu sultan died fighting the British forces under – Lord Wellesley
- Non-cooperation Movement started by Gandhiji in the year – 1920
- Who was the first Indian to get selected in Imperial Civil Services? – Surendranath Banerjee
- Delhi became the capital of India on – Decemeber 12, 1911
- Who gave the slogan “Inquilab Zindabad”? – Mohammad Iqbal
- On October 2, 1959, in which Indian State Panchayati Raj System was first introduced? – Rajasthan
- Who is entitled to initiate a Bill for constitutional amendments? – Either House of Parliament
- Match the following (Provisions-Amendments)
Panchayati Raj – 73rd
Fundamental Duties – 42nd
Voting Age lowered from 21 years to 18 years – 61st
Right to property abolished – 44th
- Chief Election Commissioner can be removed – by each House of Parliament by 2/3 majority and on the ground of proven misbehavior or incapacity
- In Indian Constitution Subject of Education is in – Concurrent list
- The wheel (Chakra) in Indian National Flag contains how many spokes? – 24
- Among Debtors, Creditors, Business class & holder of real assets which group suffer most from inflation? – Creditors
- One-rupee currency notes bear the signatures of – Finance Secretary of India
- Among Bhilai, Bokaro, Rourkerla and Vishakhapatnam at which one place SAIL Steel Plant is not in existence? – Vishakhapatnam
- In which Industry is the maximum number of women employed in India? – Tea
- Which of the following statement with regard to U.N.O. is/are correct?
The General Assembly meets once a year: the Security Council Members & the non-permanent members of the Security Council are elected for a two year term.- All are correct
- The headquarters of World Trade Organization is in – Geneva
- U.N. General assembly adopted and proclaimed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in the year – 1948
- Among Shellac, human body, glass & ebonite which one is a good conductor of electricity? – Human body
- Through which one among air, glass, water wood doest sound travel the slowest? – Wood
- In which one of the flying fish, sea horse, frog and chameleon is respiration done by skin? – Frog
- Smallpox, Measles & Mumps diseases are caused by – Virus
- The chemical name of Vitamin D is – Calciferol
- The first President of U.S.A. to visit India was – D.W. Eisenhower
- Who wrote “ The Communist Manifesto” along with Karl Marx? – Friedrich Engels
- Who is the author of the book “ My Country, My Life”? – L.K. Advani
- Match the following(books –author)
My Experiments with Truth – M.K. Gandhi
India wins Freedom – Abul Kalam Azad
Glimpses of World History – Pt. J.L. Nehru
Prison Diary – Jai Prakash Narayan
My Truth- Indira Gandhi
- The total surface are of the earth is – 510 million sq. km.
- Which is the world’s largest desert? – Sahara
- B.C. Roy award is given in the field of – Medicine
- India won the last Hockey Olympic Gold in – 1980, Moscow
- Which international Tennis events is played on a grass court? – Wimbledon
- Which Indian batsman made three consecutive centuries in his first three tests? – Mohd. Azharuddin
- The hottest planet is – Venus
- The world’s longest river is – Nile
- Which Raja of Mandi followed the rule of “Silence is Gold” and was very fond of inculcating this habit among his courtiers and official? – Surma Sen
- In which fair, it was essential to offer a male buffalo as a sacrifice to the river God? – Minjar Fair
- A responsible government was established in Theog state on 15th August, 1947. Who was elected as its first Prime Minister? – Surat Ram Prakash
- “Himalayan Pahari State Territorial Council” headquarters was at – Shimla
- “Prem Pracharini Sabha” Dhami was established in – 1937 A.D.
- Who was the first member of Rajya Sabha from Himachal Pradesh? – Chiranji Lal Verma
- “Khaneti” and “Delath” were Thakurais (tributaries) of – Rampur Bushahr State
- “Chandra” and “Bhaga” rivers join at – Tandi
- Sutlej river enter Himachal Pradesh (from Tibet) at – Shipki
- During Vedic period which river was known as “Parushin”? – Ravi
- “Waziri Rupi” is a part of – Kullu District
- The total area of H.P. on 15th April, 1948( at time of formation) was – 27,018 sq.km
- “Hathi Dhar” is in which district? – Chamba
- Hangrang Valley is in the district of – Kinnaur
- Giri river originates from – Kuppar Peak (Shimla)
- Indian Institute of Advanced Studies (Vice Regal Lodge) is situated on – Observatory hills
- “Sanjay Vidyut Pariyojana” is in the district of – Kinnaur
- Himachal Pradesh Electricity Board was constituted in – 1971
- The total production capacity of Beas-Sutlej Link project is – 990 MW
- The production capacity of Dehar Pariyojana is – 165 MW
- The total funds allocation for the 1st five Year Plan in H.P. was nearly – Rs.5.27 crores
- Which festival of Lahual is parallel to Diwali? – Halda
- Which Mandi ruler constructed Prashar temple ( at Prashar) in 1346 A.D.? – Ban Sen
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad Medical College, Tanda was established in – 1996-1997
- Norah Richards ( the writer and painter) lived in – Andretta
Choose the correct sentence from the option given below
- (A) She did nothing but wept.(B) She does nothing but wept
(C) She did nothing but weep. (D) She does anything but wept. – She did nothing but weep.
- (A) The teacher said to me where was I going.
(B) The teacher said to me “where was I going?”
(C) The teacher said to me “ where are you going?”
(D) The teacher asked to me where I was going?” – The teacher asked where I was going.
- (A) She laid in her bed.
(B) she lied in her bed.
(C) she lay in her bed.
(D) She had laid in her bed. – She lay in her bed.
- (A) she has been sick since Wednesday.
(B) She is sick since Wednesday.
(C) She was sick since Wednesday.
(D) She is sick ever since Wednesday. – She has been sick since Wednesday.
- (A) The river has overflown its banks.
(B) The river has overflowed its banks
(C) The river has flown over its banks.
(D) The river has flowed its banks – The river has overflown its banks
Give the option that has the same meaning as the underlined word:
- 81. Scavenger – Cleaner
- 82. Mundane – Worldly
- 83. Extinction- Disappearance
- 84. Magnificent – Grand
- 85. Proximity – Nearness
Give the word which is opposite in meaning to the underlined word
- Genuine – counterfeit
- 87. Amateur – Professional
- 88. Obsolete – Contemporary
- 89. Novice – Expert
- 90. Cynical – Trusting
Fill in the blanks with the best option
- 91. No sooner did the bell ring……….. the boys ran into their classes. – than
- 92. …………..you study hard, you will not progress. – unless
- 93. He is not……..that sort of work. – cutout for
- 94. How can she……. the time she has lost? – make up for
- 95. I am ……….this wet weather. – fedup with
Choose the word which has the correct spelling
- (A) Comissioner (B) Commisioner (C) Cummissioner (D) Commissioner – Commissioner
- (A) Fulfil (B) Fulfill (C) Fullfil (D) Fullfill – Fulfil
- (A) Quarrel (B) Quarell (C) Quarrell (D) Querell – Quarrel
- (A) Bigining (B) Biginning (C) Bigning (D) Bigening – Biginning
- (A) Interruption (B) Interraption (C) Interrupsion (D) Interuption – Interruption
Liked the article? We’re a non-profit website. Make a donation and help us build our work.