1. Himachal Pradesh bags three awards for best performance in PMGSY
- Himachal Pradesh had been conferred upon three Awards under different categories by the Ministry of Rural Development for best performance under PMGSY during 2017-18.
- The state had been awarded for best overall performance in terms of quality during 2017-18 and had also been adjudged among top three ranks in the maximum construction of roads and maximum construction of roads in length with green technology under PMGSY during 2017-18.
- The state had over achieved the target of construction of 1700 km roads set by Government of India and 1773 km roads had been constructed in the state thereby providing connectivity to habitations under PMGSY.
- 72 km of roads have been constructed in green technology.
2. Rural Development department gets five awards for good performance
- The state had bagged the first rank for overall performance in implementation of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna Rural.
- The second rank for innovative practices in National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP)
- The third rank in performance under Aadhar seeding and conversion.
- Tandi Gram Panchayat of Banjar block in district Kullu had been awarded as best performing Gram Panchayat in the implementation of MNREGA.
- Attika Aggarwal, GIS Asset Supervisor (GAS) Nahan Block was awarded the third prize for GAS of the year.
3. CM Shri Jai Ram Thakur laid down the foundation stone of Cluster University at Mandi
- Rs 55 crore would be spent on setting up cluster university in Mandi district.
- Rs 11 crore each would be spent on Sundernagar, Drang and Basa under cluster university project and the remaining amount would be spent on the Mandi campus.