Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
CM launches nutritional immunity-boosting Him Haldi Dudh:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched Nutritional Immunity Boosting ‘Him Haldi Dudh (Turmeric Latte)’ manufactured by MILKFED and also distributed incentive to the Milk Producers of Mandi, Shimla and Kullu district under the National Programme for Dairy Development and also interacted with them through video conference from Shimla.
- The Him Haldi Dudh(Turmeric Latte) has been developed by the Bio-Technology Department of Punjabi University Patiala and the same has been patented.
- This drink is a Detox drink which has anti-hangover, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and immunity booster contents in it. He expressed hope that this drink would become popular amongst the masses.
Bilaspur district bags first prize in HP Good Governance Index:
- The Bilaspur district has bagged first prize of Rs. 50 lakh in Himachal Pradesh District Good Governance Index annual report-2019 by scoring 75.8 percent in the index comprising of seven themes, 18 focus subjects and 45 indicators whereas Mandi district bagged second prize of Rs. 35 lakh by securing 70.2 percent and Hamirpur district got third prize of Rs. 25 lakh by securing 64.5 percent.
- The efforts of the State Government in respect to governance were also recognized by the Public Affairs Centre, Bengaluru and awarded Himachal Pradesh first among 12 small States consistently in 2017 and 2018 and second in 2019 on the Public Affairs Index (PAI).
- Himachal Pradesh was the first state in the country which has started to measure the quality of governance in vital sectors.
- The second report on District Good Governance Index has been prepared by Department of Economic & Statistics on the basis of secondary data of 12 districts, collected on broad 7 Themes, 18 focus subjects and 45 indicators to assess the comparative performance of all districts.
- This index includes seven broad themes, namely, essential infrastructure, support to human development, social protection, women and children, crime, law and order, environment, transparency and accountability.
NCC Academy to be set up at Mandi:
- The Centre has given its approval to convert three companies into battalions besides sanctioning two more NCC battalions for the State which would benefit about 4500 students of the State.
- NCC Academy has also been sanctioned for the State which would be established at Mandi.
- NCC has a very important role to play in moulding the young men and women by developing character, discipline, communal harmony and ideals of selfless service amongst them.
- NCC as a premier youth organization of the country has contributed immensely in propagating National unity and integrity amongst the youth and is empowering them towards developing a strong and vibrant Nation.
CM honours Dr. Jagat Ram with Himachal Gaurav Purskar-2019:
- HP Govt. presented ‘Himachal Gaurav Purskar-2019’ to Director of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh Padamshri Dr. Jagat Ram for his outstanding services in health sector.
- Dr. Jagat Ram hails from Pabiyana village of gram panchayat Ser-Jagas in Sirmaur district of the State.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: