Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
Provision of 9405.41 crore made for State Development Budget 2021-22:
- The State Government has decided to do away with the old system of Plan and Non Plan categorization for the Budget and have decided to start new system of Annual Development Budget instead of Annual Plan from the year 2021-22.
- Under the new mechanism all the four sub plans viz. General Plan, Scheduled Caste Sub Plan, Tribal Sub Plan and Backward Area Sub Plan would now be renamed General Development Programme, Scheduled Caste Development Programme, Scheduled Tribe Development Programme and Backward Area Development Programme respectively.
- The State Government has made a provision of Rs. 9405.41 crore for the State Development Budget for the year 2021-22.
- Out of this Rs. 6096.70 crore i.e 64.82 percent has been allocated for General Development Programme, Rs. 2369.22 crore i.e 25.19 percent for Scheduled Caste Development Programme, Rs. 846.49 crore i.e. 9 percent for Scheduled Tribe Development Programme and Rs. 93 crore i.e. 0.99 percent of total allocation for Backward Area Development Programme.
- Although the names have been changed but there have been no decrease in the allocation for funds for development of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward Areas.
Chief Minister felicitate on Jukaru fair:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur felicitate people of the State specially people of Pangi on the occasion of Jukaru fair in Pangi valley of district Chamba.
- Fair and festival are a symbol of our cultural heritage and such events provide an opportunity to carry forward the rich tribal culture with mutual brotherhood.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: