Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
New sites notified for adventure sports in Himachal:
- To give boost to adventure tourism activities in the state, the Government of HP has notified additional sites for paragliding and river rafting.
- Now tourists visiting the state could experience paragliding at new sites in the districts of Kullu, Kangra, Mandi, Chamba, and Shimla.
- Under Nai Raahein Nai Manzilein scheme, the possibilities are also being explored for promotion of adventure sports activities in hitherto unexplored areas of the State.
The new notified paragliding sites include:
- Pandhara to Gadsa and Khargan to Nangabag in district Kullu,
- Tang Narwana to Khirku in Kangra district,
- Darouta to Lahra (Khajjiar) and Lahra to Darol and Raina to Nainikhad Jarei in Chamba district.
- In district Mandi the paragliding sites notified includes Prashar and Spenidhar and
- In Shimla district, the notified paragliding site is Tikkar, Junga to Chauri/Junga.
For the promotion of water sports new site for river rafting on river Beas from Nadaun to Dehra Bridge has also been notified.
In addition to these new notified sites, there are many other notified sites available where paragliding is being done by adventure enthusiasts. These sites includes Bir-Billing, Chohla Indru Nag near Dharamshala in Kangra district, Solang Nalah, Marhi, Talaiti-Talogi, Majach-Shanag in Kullu district, Mauja Rehad to Karganoo in Solan district, Ser Jagaas in Sirmaur district.
Besides, this notified river rafting sites includes Shamshi to Jehri and Babeli to Pirdi in Kullu district, Luhri to Tattapani in Shimla district, Darch to Jispa and Kaza Bridge to Tabo in Lahaul-Spiti. The focus of the Department is to promote unexplored areas of other potential districts along with the provision of training.
HP bags four awards under PM-KISAN Scheme:
- Himachal Pradesh was honoured with four awards, One State Award and Three District Awards for good performance under Pradhan Mantri Kissan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Scheme in different categories by the Department of Agriculture Cooperation and Farmers Welfare, Government of India on the Second Anniversary of the launching of the Scheme.
- Himachal Pradesh bagged State Award for good performance in physical verification and grievances redressal under the category of the North-East States and hilly terrain areas.
- The State has completed 75 percent of physical verification of beneficiaries and 56 percent grievances have been redressed under PM-KISAN scheme already.
- In addition to this, three districts of the State were honoured with the award under the category of North-East States and hilly terrain areas. Lahaul Spiti received the award on the parameters of Aadhar authenticated beneficiaries whereas Sirmaur district was awarded for grievances redressal and Kangra district for physical verification of beneficiaries.
Pradhan Mantri Kissan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Scheme was launched by the Centre Government on 24th February, 2019 with a view to provide income support to all landholding small and marginal farmers families across the country, to enable them to take care of the expenses related to agriculture and allied activities as well as domestic needs.
Chief Minister lays foundation stone of Shiv Dham at Mandi:
- Shiv Dham to be constructed at Mandi by spending an amount of over Rs. 150 crore which would be an added attraction for the tourists visiting Mandi district and would provide an unique place for the people of Mandi as well as the country.
- Shiv Dham Phase-I at Mandi to be developed at Kangnidhar near Mandi.
- The first Phase of this project would be completed at a cost of Rs. 40 crore.
- The Shiv Dham would be developed in an area of 9.5 hectare at Kangnidhar and would be a major attraction for the tourists visiting Chhoti Kashi Mandi.
- The Shiv Dham would have replicas of twelve Jyotirlingam, statue of Lord Shiva and Ganesh, Museum, Food Court, Herbal Garden, Nakshatra Vatika, Amphi-theatre, Orientation Centre, Car Parking etc.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: