Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
Himachali Pahari cow gets recognition at National level:
- Himachali Pahari Cow has been officially registered and named as ‘Himachali Pahari‘ cow and this breed has now been included in the category of other indigenous breeds like Sahiwal, Red Sindhi, Gir.
- Earlier Animal Husbandry Department has sent a proposal to Bureau to register this cow under the name ‘Gauri‘ but the indigenous cow of the state was more famous as Pahari Cow so this breed has been named as Himachali Pahari.
- At present the strength of Himachali Pahari cow is estimated to be between 7.50 to 8.00 lakhs and this cow is mainly found in Chamba, Mandi, Kullu, Kangra, Sirmaur, Lahaul-Spiti districts.
- Apart from this, the Bureau has also recognized the special breed of buffalo found in the state, which has been named as Gaujari. This breed of buffalo is found mainly in Chamba and Kangra districts.
Himachal adjudged winner in the Best State for Tourism category:
- Himachal Pradesh has been declared as winner in the Best State for the Tourism category in Outlook Traveller Awards, 2020. This award was received in Delhi by Department of Tourism.
- This is the 4th award received by Department of Tourism in the span of last one month.
- On January, 14th the state tourism department made world record by cooking 1995 KG of Khichhri at Tattapani which has been entered in the Guinness book of World Record.
- Thereafter during the Surajkund Craft Mela the showcase of Himachal Pradesh as a Theme state has been awarded for Excellence, which is 1st time any Theme state has been appreciated for the last 33 years for its performance.
- During the IITM Kolkata Tourism fair in February, 2020 again Himachal has been awarded as a Adventure Tourism destination of the year.
Himachal to host paragliding pre – world cup at Bir-Billing from 31st March to 5th April, 2020:
- The Paragliding World Cup Association (PWCA) has given their permission to organise the paragliding pre world cup.
- The event would be organised from 31st March to 5th April, 2020 at Bir-Billing. He further informed that there would be 100 participants from 28 different countries.
- Bir-Billing is very famous for this adventurous sports and earlier world level event was organised in the year 2015.
- The event is being organised by the Department of Tourism and Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports, Manali.
State Government to develop Shiv Dham in Mandi town:
- The state government was contemplating to develop a Shiv Dham in Mandi town to make Choti Kashi Mandi an added attraction for tourists.
- The idea of the state government was to create replica of the twelve Jyothirlinga viz. Somnath in Gir Somnath, Gujarat, Mallikarjuna in Srisailam, Andhra Pradesh, Mahakaleswar in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh, Omkareshwar in Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh, Kedarnath in Rudraprayag, Uttarakhand, Bhimashankar in Maharashtra, Vishwanath in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, Trimbakeshwar in Nashik, Maharashtra, Vaidyanath in Parli, Maharashtra, Nageshvara in Dwarka, Gujarat, Ramanathaswamy in Rameshwaram, Tamil Nadu and Grishneshwar in Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: