Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
HP Government signs MoU to set up Mountain Institute:
- Himachal Pradesh government signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to invest Rs. 100 crore with Six Sigma Healthcare to set up Asia’s First Mountain Institute in Shimla district and Chudhdhar areas.
- Six Sigma Healthcare is a super-specialized Mountain Medicines team trained by the Armed Forces in India since 2009.
- Six Sigma is providing free high altitude medical services in all pilgrimage like Amarnath, Kailash Mansarover, Kedarnath, Manimahesh, and disasters like the Uttrakhand flood and Nepal earthquake.
- The institute once being operational would provide jobs to 727 youths.
- The objective of the institute is to develop all types of research in Allopathy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Naturopathy, and Yoga concerning high altitude mountains and to educate professionals in mountain medicines.
MOU signed for developing India’s first indoor ski park at Kufri:
- A memorandum of understanding was signed between the State Government and Nagsons developers to develop India’s first indoor ski park at Kufri near Shimla.
- The project would also generate employment avenues for about 1000 persons.
- The total cost of the project coming up in 5.04 acres in Kufri is Rs. 250 crores, which included indoor ski park, palatial mall, five star hotel, amusement park, gaming zone and food court, shopping arcade and other amenities and would have a parking facility for more than 1000 vehicles.
- Promoter of the mega project and owner of Nagsons Developers, Nishant Nag said that the project has been designed by Infinity Design Studio Mumbai and the project would be executed by Unlimited Snow, Netherlands makers of Ski Dubai and Ski Egypt.
- The project is expected to start in March 2021 and would become functional by April 2022.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: