Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
Government sanctions 1605 cases under Mukhya Mantri Swavlamban Yojna:
- As many as 1605 cases have been sanctioned under this scheme till date which would provide loans worth Rs. 312 crore to the beneficiaries.
- Initially the project cost limit including working capital was Rs. 40 lakh under this scheme which was increased to Rs. 60 lakh during the year 2019-20.
- The Government also decided that turn capital investment would also include buildings and other assets necessary for establishing the units under the scheme upto pre specified limit.
- The Government was providing 25 percent subsidy on the investment/ machinery under the scheme, whereas the women were being provided subsidy of Rs. 30 percent.
- During the current year budget the government has decided to provide 35 percent subsidy to widows’ upto 45 years of age under the scheme.
- The State Government would start online portal to facilitate the people interested in availing the benefits of this scheme. The interested youth would be able to apply online with the portal for this scheme and would save the precious time and money of the beneficiaries.
Provision of Rs 711 crore has been made in the current year budget under Tribal Area Sub Plan:
- The State Government was according top priority on development of the tribal areas of the State and a provision of Rs 711 crore has been made in the current financial year budget under the Tribal Area Sub Plan which was Rs 72 crore more than the previous year budget allocation.
- In addition to the regular State budget allocation under the Tribal Sub Plan, an amount of Rs 34.74 crore has been allocated under Section 275(1) of the constitution by the Union Tribal Affairs Ministry.
- In addition to this, Rs 15.45 crore has been provided by the Union Home Ministry under the Border Area Development Programme.
Eklavya Adarsh Residential School:
- One Eklavya Adarsh Residential School has been established in Kinnaur district and three more Adarsh Schools have been started from academic session 2019-20 at Khani in Bharmour, Baring in Lahaul and Kawas in Pangi to provide better educational facilities to the students of these tribal areas.
- Himachal Pradesh Eklavya Model Residential School Management Society have been registered for proper management of these schools.
- The Union Tribal Affairs Ministry has provided Rs 33.36 crore for construction of buildings of these Vidyalayas.
71st State level Van Mahotsav:
- The State Government has set a target of planting about 1.20 crore saplings in 12000 hectares of area of 41 Forest Divisions of the State.
- While presiding over the 71st State level Van Mahotsav at Shimla, Chief Minister also planted sapling of ‘Chinar’ in the premises of Peterhof.
Schemes for promoting afforestation in the State:
Government has started six new schemes for promoting afforestation in the State which include:
- Vidyarthi Van Mitra Yojna,
- Samudayik Van Samvardhan Yojna,
- Van Samridhi Jan Samridhi Yojna,
- Policy for setting New Industries based on Cheer Pine Needles,
- Providing Weapons to Forest Guards and
- a scheme to reward local communities for their outstanding contribution in the afforestation process.
‘Ek Buta Beti Ke Naam’ Scheme:
- In order to sensitize the people regarding rights of girl child and also associating the community in process of afforestation, the Government has also started ‘Ek Buta Beti Ke Naam’ Scheme.
- under this scheme the family of girl child at the time of her birth are provided five saplings, tree guard, a name plate of girl child, 20 kg. vermi compost and technical knowhow.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: