Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
Himachal’s first Gokul Gram to be set up at Thana Kalan in Una district:
- Himachal Pradesh first Gokul Gram under the Rashtriya Gokul Gram Mission will come up at village Thana Kala in Una District on approximately 15-01-70 hectare land presently being owned by ‘Go Seva Aayog’ where cattle sanctuary for non-productive animals will be set up.
- A sum of 995.1 lakh has been sanctioned by the Govt. of India and a sum of Rs. 778.64 lakhs has been received under this Project.
- The project will be implemented by Himachal Pradesh Livestock and Poultry Development Board (HPLPDB).
- The Gokul Gram will be established by the HPLPDB in association with the State Animal Husbandry Department, H.P.
- Gokul Gram will have the capacity to house about 500 cows of an indigenous breed like Red Sindhi, Sahiwal, Tharparkar, Gir, and especially of the native Desi Cattle of Himachal Pradesh.
- The ratio of animals to be procured of indigenous breeds will be decided on the basis of their availability in the breeding tracts.
- Out of the total 500 cows, 60 percent would form the productive population, whereas 40 percent would be from the unproductive group.
- The breeding would be done with elite semen of respective breeds avoiding crossbreeding so that purebred lines are maintained. There would also be quarantine sheds at the Gokul Gram.
- Cow urine distillate will also be sold to medicine manufacturers. Innovative products made from Cow dung like hand-made paper, mosquito repellents, heat resistant roofing tiles, dry and oil bound distemper, plant pots etc will be promoted and manufactured in Gokul Gram.
- Cow urine will be converted into bio-pesticide and bio fertilizers and same will be used in the Gokul Gram and excess will be sold in domestic market.
Governor administers oath to three ministers:
Governor Bandaru Dattatraya administered oath of office and secrecy to three ministers namely;
- Sukh Ram Chaudhary MLA from Paonta Sahib Assembly constituency,
- Rakesh Pathania from Nurpur and
- Rajinder Garg of Ghumarwin constituency
They took oath as Cabinet Minister.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: