Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
Himachal Govt. signs MoU for skill development centre in Sanwara:
- Himachal Pradesh government has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with M/s Himachal Siksha Vikas Dharmarth Sanstha to establish day school and skill development centre for the local community in village Sanwara under Kasauli Tehsil of district Solan.
- This institute will be established at an estimated cost of Rs.19 crore and it will provide employment to 65 people.
CM of HP stresses on formulating a joint strategy to check drug menace:
Chief Minister’s of five states take part in the second regional conference held in Chandigarh:
- The sale and consumption of narcotics is not a state-specific but a national problem and there is a need to formulate a joint strategy and implement it effectively to check the drug menace.
- The present state government immediately after coming to power, took effective steps to check drug menace and then held a meeting with the Chief Ministers of the neighbouring states and stressed to formulate an effective strategy.
- The first regional conference was organized in Chandigarh last year as a result of which the Regional Command Center was established in Panchkula, which needs to be strengthened further.
- Two officers from Himachal Pradesh will be appointed in this Center.
- As many as 1622 cases were registered in the state till June this year and 789 people were arrested including 27 women and 2 foreign nationals.
- Amongst the arrested people, 40 percent are from Punjab and 25 percent from Haryana state which clearly indicates that most of the people involved in the illicit drug business are from other states.
- The Himachal Pradesh government is focusing on educating the youth about the ill effects of the drugs and motivating them to refrain from it.
- CM of HP proposed to organise the third regional conference of the Chief Ministers of Northern India on the drug menace in Himachal Pradesh, which was accepted by all.
Shimla district selected for commendable work under BBBP:
- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development has selected Shimla district as one of the district which has done commendable work in awareness generation and outreach activities under the Beti Bacho, Beti Padhao (BBBP) scheme.
- The ANANYA initiative was launched with focus on awareness generation regarding menstrual health and hygiene, nutrition and health monitoring of adolescent girls, antenatal care of expectant mothers, non-tolerance to workplace sexual harassment, youth participation in shaping an equal society and guiding women towards economic independence.
Sampark Smartshala Programme lauched in the State:
- Sampark Smartshala Maths and English to be introduced in 10,661 schools benefiting over 3.2 lakh students
- In the present era of cut-throat competition, it becomes vital that the students have access to best education and learning aids so that they could prepare themselves for the competitive world.
- The major objective of the scheme is to ensure provision of quality education and enhancing learning outcomes of students, ensuring equity and inclusion at all levels of school education besides minimum standards in schooling provisions.
- The Sampark Smartshala English and Maths Programme would go a long way in solving the problem of how to improve learning outcomes in our schools by overcoming discomfort of the teachers in teaching English and Maths.
“Shiksha Saath Mobile App”:
- For monitoring and evaluating the education system in the schools which would work off line as well.
“e-Samwad mobile app”:
- To create direct contact with the teachers and parents under the Samgra Shiksha Abhiyan. This would be made available to over 15,000 schools of the State.
Nalwar Fair of Lambathach declared district level:
- The state government has declared Nalwar fair, Lambathach in Thunag tehsil of district Mandi as district level fair in the public interest from immediate effect.