Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
June 15-21, 2019
Panchayats can utilize Finance Commission’s funds to install hand pumps:
- Gram Panchayats would now be able to install hand pumps in their areas from the funds being provided by the 14th Finance Commission in Himachal Pradesh.
- Gram Panchayats will have to forward their demand for installing hand pumps to the regional office of the Irrigation and Public Health Department for preparation of estimate.
- The department would provide the required financial assistance from the funds of the 14th Finance Commission for this purpose as per the estimate prepared by the Panchayats.
- A provision has been made to provide Rs. 1800 crore to the Gram Panchayats of the state from this head, out of which Rs. 488 crores will be provided during this financial year.
CM woos investors of the Netherlands to invest in Himachal:
MoUs worth Rs. 800 crore signed
- A ‘Roadshow’ was organized by the HP State Government in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) at The Hauge in the Netherlands showcased the strengths of Himachal Pradesh.
- The State Government signed an MoU with ASSOCHAM EUROPE in the Netherlands through Dr. Vikas Chaturvedi Chairman ASSOCHAM Netherlands to strengthen and expand in the area of agriculture, horticulture, logistics, and infrastructure.
- The State Government also signed MoU with CM Corps for Rs. 500 crore to develop golf resort in Kangra district.
- Yet another MoU worth Rs. 300 crore was also signed with Takshinda Foundation for establishing an international Skill University in Kangra district of the State.
R.D. Dhiman to hold the charge of Vice-Chancellor of Nauni University:
- Additional Chief Secretary (Horticulture) R.D. Dhiman will hold the charge of the post of Vice Chancellor of Dr. Y.S Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry, Nauni, Solan.
- He will hold this charge till the appointment of the new Vice-Chancellor of the university.
Around 2500 demands and complaints received during Jan Manch:
- Around 2500 demands and complaints were received during the Jan Manch organized in all the 12 districts of the state on 16 June, 2019.