Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
Centre gives in-principle approval to Rs. 650 crore Disaster Risk Reduction Project for State:
- Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (FB & ADB Division) Government of India in its 104th Screening Committee meeting gave approval to the proposal of the State Government.
- The main objectives of the project were to reduce the vulnerability of the State from various natural hazards like earthquakes, landslides, flash floods and climate-induced, etc.
- The project also aims at reducing the loss of human life and property, reduce overall disaster risk and enhance the response capacity of the State.
- The project also envisages achieving Sustainable Development Goals and Targets/Priorities of Sendai Frameworks for Disaster Risk Reduction besides achieving targets of Prime Minister’s Ten Point Agenda on disaster risk reduction.
Ashish Chaudhary qualified for Olympics:
- Boxer Ashish Chaudhary of Sundernagar has qualified for Tokyo Olympics.
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur has congratulated boxing player Ashish Chaudhary of Sundernagar for his outstanding performance in the Olympic qualifiers.
CM releases a book titled ‘History of Himachal Pradesh’:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur released the book ‘History of Himachal Pradesh’ written by noted author and retired IAS officer K. R. Bharti at Oak Over.
- The book has been published by the Himachal Academy of Arts, Culture, and Language.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: