Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
Union Government sanctions one battalion of NDRF for Himachal Pradesh:
- The Union Government has sanctioned one battalion of National Disaster Response Force for Himachal Pradesh.
- The state government had notified raising of Himachal Pradesh State Disaster Response Force in line with National Disaster Response Force, to be the first responder in case of any disaster in the State.
- Till the separate State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) was raised one company strength each would be stationed at nearby locations to the Police Ranges i.e. Shimla, Mandi, and Dharamshala.
- The Union Government has allocated Rs. 454 crore for the next financial year for State Disaster Relief Fund which was 158 percent higher than the last year’s allocation.
- In addition to this allocation, the Union Government has allocated Rs. 50 crore to the state for landslides and earthquake risk mitigation.
- Thus for the current financial year Rs. 140 crore funds were available for disaster mitigation in the state.
State government declares masks and hand sanitizers as essential commodities:
- The State Government informed that with a view to take precautionary measures against the spread of Covid-19, The Government of India has declared “masks 2 ply and 3 ply surgical masks, N.95 masks and hand sanitizers as essential commodities by amending the Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
- The State Government has accordingly, brought masks 2 ply and 3 ply surgical masks, N.95 masks and hand sanitizers as essential commodities within the purview of the Himachal Pradesh, Hoarding and Profiteering Prevention Order, 1977 till 30th June, 2020.
- Any act of hoarding, as well as profiteering in respect of these commodities, would attract penal provisions of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: