Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
State Government decides to impose curfew in the entire state:
- The state government has decided to impose curfew in the whole state from 24th March in wake of the outbreak of Coronavirus in the state till further orders.
- The district-level coordination committee has been constituted at the district level for effective and better coordination with the district administration so that the people of the State does not face any inconvenience and to ensure the availability of essential commodities.
- Chief Minister directed the officers to ensure the availability of essential commodities in the State, besides ensuring that the people of the State does not face any inconvenience due to the curfew imposed in order to check the spread of Corona Virus in the State.
Social Security Pension for widows and disabled persons increased to Rs.1000:
- As per the decision of State government the Social Security Pension to widows and disabled persons would be given at increased rate from April 01, 2020.
- As per the decision, the pension would be increased from Rs. 850 to Rs. 1000.
State Government creates HP COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund:
- The State Government has created a ‘HP COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund’ to provide personal protection equipments to the health workers and other related officials as well as to ensure smooth supply of essential commodities like food items and medicines.
- A new bank account number 50100340267282 (IFSC Code HDFC0004116) with HDFC Bank Chhota Shimla has been opened to facilitate donors for generous donations to help the persons suffering during the COVID-19 pandemic.
GoI releases funds to HP under PMKSNY:
- The Government of India has released an amount of Rs. 174 crores 76 lakhs 76 thousand to 8,73, 838 farmer-beneficiaries of Himachal Pradesh under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna from 27 to 29 March, 2020.
- This amount has been released to the farmers to assist them in view of the situation of lockdown due to Covid-19.
- The Government of India has released the fifth financial installment of Rs. 2000 to each farmer in advance which is due from April 2020 for the period April to July 2020.
- The total number of beneficiary farmers under the fifth installment in Himachal Pradesh are 5, 50, 713 and total advance amount released to them is Rs. 110 crore 14 lakh 26 thousand.
Government to use State Disaster Response Fund to feed people during lockdown:
- As per the Government of India guidelines, the funds released under State Disaster Response Fund may now be utilized for the provision of food for people stranded in lockdown, which was used earlier for disaster-related activities and the related instructions have been passed to the district administration.
- District administrations are helping the stranded people and it is being ensured that proper arrangements of food and shelter are done for them.
- Similarly, arrangements have been made in Himachal Bhawan Chandigarh and Delhi for the students and working people of Himachal Pradesh who are living in Chandigarh or Delhi and cannot come back home due to lockdown.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: