Himachal Pradesh Monthly Current Affairs
CM launches dedicated Covid-19 helpline:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched dedicated Covid-19 Helpline at ‘Mukhyamantri Sewa Sanklap Helpline 1100 for facilitating the people regarding covid related issues.
- Caller can call on toll free number 1100 from 7 am to 10 pm for seeking help regarding covid related issues.
- The call executive would register the complaint and contact concerned authority for providing necessary help to the person regarding various issues such as test, vaccination, home quarantine, medicines, ambulance and oxygen etc.
Government using five point strategy to fight against Corona pandemic:
- The Government is leading the fight against Covid-19 pandemic and vaccination is an integral component of the five point strategy of the Government i.e. Test, Track, Treat, CAB and Vaccination.
- First dose of vaccine has been given to 80919 Health Care Workers, 51656 Front Line Workers and 1490686 Age Appropriate group more than 45 years.
- Now the vaccines are authorized for persons of more than 18 years of age.
- Through the implementation of liberalized and accelerated phase III strategies, potential beneficiaries of more than 18 years have registered themselves for vaccination in the State. Presently, the Covishield vaccine is being inoculated in the State. He said that it is safe and there are certain precautions and contraindications related to the vaccine.
Health Minister Launches ‘Ayush Ghar-Dwar’ a Wellness Program for Covid-19 Patients:
- Health and Family Welfare and AYUSH Minister Dr. Rajiv Saizal inaugurated a state-level Ayush Ghar-Dwar program of the Department of AYUSH at Solan to keep the home isolated Covid-19 positive patients healthy by practicing Yoga. He also unveiled a booklet related to the program.
- This program has been started by Department of AYUSH in collaboration with the Art of Living Organisation. Yoga Bhartis instructors would also provide their services in the program. During the program, about 80 home isolated Covid positive patients from all over the state were also connected virtually.
- Basic Yogic techniques like Pranayama help a person to heal from Corona infection. Yoga provides mental support to the patients and motivates them to live a healthier life.
CM launches J-Mudra Mobile Banking App of Jogindra Bank:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur, while launching of ‘J-Mudra’ Mobile Banking Application of The Jogindra Central Cooperative Bank Ltd., said that Jogindra Central Cooperative Bank had made business of over Rs. 1700 crore during the financial year 2020-21.
- He said that Bank has working capital of Rs. 1478.61 crore and was providing banking services to more than 2,17,600 rural people.
- Jai Ram Thakur said that this bank had deposit capital of Rs. 1195.72 crore, loan worth Rs. 525.35 crore and gross Non Performing Assets (NPA) of Rs. 46.37 crore up to 31st March, 2021 which was 8.82 percent of gross loan.
- He said that the Bank had earned gross profit of Rs.30.74 crore and net profit of Rs. 8.94 crore during the year 2020-21.
Treatment protocol for Mucormycosis/Black Fungus released:
- The State Covid Clinical Committee has taken out a detailed treatment protocol for Mucormycosis/ Black Fungus. Mucormycosis is a fungal disease which generally affects the nose, eyes and cerebral area in a human body. The reasons for surge of black fungus disease during the pandemic of Covid-19 infection is that Covid-19 infection has a tendency to worsen diabetes, precipitate new diabetes in the patients and sometimes develops deficiency of White Blood Cells. Also the immunosuppressive treatments such as steroids being used in Covid-19 patients result in decrease in immunity.
- The chronic respiratory disease, intubation, mechanical ventilation and coexistence of other infections during COVID-19 also increase chances of mucormycosis. Uncontrolled diabetes mellitus, immunosuppression by steroids, prolonged ICUs stay, comorbidities like malignancy, post transplant are the major risk factors for this fungal disease.
- Nose and sinuses are the relatively early sites of Mucormycosis infection. The major symptoms that a person can be vigilant for this infection are headache, nasal obstruction which is persistent and not responding to medicines, nasal crusting and discharge, pain or loss of sensation over face, discolouration of skin, loosening of teeth, ulceration of palate or bridge of nose, black necrotic eschar in the nasal cavity and sinusitis. The intra oral symptoms include intra oral pus discharge, ulceration of mucosa, loosening of teeth and unhealed tooth socket, mobility of maxilla. This fungal disease also affects eyes which can result in swelling and redness of eyes, double vision, loss of vision, pain in the eye, drooping eyelid.
- There are certain laboratory investigations that are done to confirm the disease like blood investigations, nasal endoscopic examination, X-ray, CT scan, biopsy, nasal crust sampling, bronco alveolar lavage etc. The medical management of mucormycosis is known and the disease is completely curable if detected early. This disease can be treated by injectable Antifungal amphotericin B and other medicines. This therapy continues until there is a clinical resolution of signs and symptoms of the infection as well as radiographic resolution of signs of active disease. The treatment also includes surgical debridement of the involved tissue.
- A regular follow-up should be ensured in the initial three months. For the general public, it is informed that this disease is preventable and controlling hyperglycaemia, monitoring blood glucose level in post Covid phase, using steroid judiciously, using mask, wearing shoes, long trousers, long sleeves, gloves while handling soil, moss or manure can ensure prevention of this disease. He also urged that the patients who are on oxygen therapy or are using humidifiers should ensure to use clean sterile and boiled tap water for humidifiers. The mineral water should not be used and the water should be changed in the humidifier on daily basis. He also urged that the people should be vigilant on all the signs and symptoms of black fungus so that a timely medical aid can be sorted for.
Himachal amongst top States in providing Tele Consultation Services:
- During Covid-19 pandemic, telemedicine has proven to be a boon for the patients in Himachal Pradesh.
- Himachal Pradesh is amongst the top States to provide services through telemedicine.
- The recently added AIIMS Bilaspur, e-Sanjeevani OPD service attended to 60 patients on their opening day on 24th May 2021.
- There has been an increase in the total consultations in e-Sanjeevani OPD this month.
- district wise performance of the said service reflects that district Kangra has performed the best in the State till now.
- While informing about e-Sanjeevani Consultations in the State, the Spokesperson said that 80,062 consultations have been done till date. The maximum consultations have been done through Health and Wellness Centres situated in Solan District.
- 36702 consultations have been done for Non Specialist treatments, 16001 for Medical treatments, 7914 for paediatrics, 7586 for Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 4907 for psychiatry etc. The Medical officers at PHC have supported HWCs for 23811 consultations.
Dussehra Festival, Junga, declared as District level Fair:
- Cabinet approved to declare historic Dussehra Festival, Junga in Shimla district at District level Fair.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: