Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
Livelihood security in urban areas under Mukhya Mantri Shahri Ajeevika Guarantee Yojna (MMSAGY):
- The MMSAGY has been launched with the objective to enhance livelihood security in urban areas by providing 120 days of guaranteed wage employment to every household in the financial year 2020-21.
- It would facilitate skill enhancement of persons engaged in waged labour jobs to provide them with better livelihood opportunities and to set up their own enterprises by imparting entrepreneurship training as well as subsidy linked credit linkages.
- It would also strengthen urban infrastructure and provisioning of quality civic amenities in the Urban Local Bodies.
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme launched for the State of HP:
- CM launched the ‘One Nation One Ration’ card scheme under the Interstate Portability Scheme of Department of Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs for all migrant laborers.
- This would help the consumers to take ration from any fair price shop in the country.
- This would be done through the National Portability Scheme of Ration Card.
- It would benefit about 67 crore people of the country and lakhs of people of the State.
- 2864.46-tonne food grains have been allocated to Himachal Pradesh under this scheme which would go a long way in facilitating the State Government to provide this ration to the targeted groups at the earliest.
230 habitations to get road connectivity under PMGSY:
- Rs. 1666 crore had been allocated under Prime Minister Gram Sadak Yojna (PMGSY) for the year 2020-21 for construction of 4960 kms road length for connecting 230 habitations of the State.
- Rs. 306 crore had been earmarked for annual maintenance of village roads, PMGSY roads, and MDRs for the current financial year.
World Bank approved Rs. 615 Crore loan for State:
- World Bank had approved Rs. 615 crore under H.P. State Road Transformation Project-II for building H.P. Transport Institutions and resilience, improving selected roads stimulating Horticulture and overall economic growth and enhancing road safety in the State.
1.50 lakh additional families of the state to be covered under Food Security Act:
- An important decision has been taken by the State Government for identification of the ‘Priority Household‘, the revised income limit would be Rs. 45000, which would cover 1,50,000 additional families of the state under the Food Security Act and they would be provided with food items at subsidized rates.
- Now, these families can avail wheat flour at Rs 3.30 and rice at Rs. 2 per kilogram.
- 6,78,338 families of the state are covered under the National Food Security Act with a total population of 27,84,717 whereas the target of the National Food Security Act for the state is 36,81,586.
- The government has also decided that until now the APL families were given subsidy up to Rs 30 per kg on pulses, which has now been reduced to Rs 20 per kg.
Senior citizen facilitation centers to be set up in State:
- Senior Citizen Facilitation Centre would be set up in Shimla, Dharamshala, Mandi, and Hamirpur.
- These centres would have facilities of assisted living, skilled nursing care, and ayurvedic center.
- Skill development center would also be established in these centres where senior citizens would provide skills to the youth.
Ayush University to be set up in Chamba:
- Ayush University along with facilities of homeopathy, naturopathy, and Indian systems of medicine would also be established in District Chamba and special encouragement would be given to Yoga.
- Medical tourism will be promoted by the development of health resorts, yoga, panchakarma, and Ayurveda centers.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: