Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
Union Raksha Mantri lays foundation stone of Calibration Lab Building at SASE:
- Union Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh laid the foundation stone of the Calibration Lab Building at Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE) under ‘Project Anshankan’ in district Kullu.
- The Calibration Lab would be constructed at a cost of Rs. 736.18 lakh which would go a long way in efficient and time-bound calibration of a variety of sensors to be deployed in Field Locations in snow-bound regions.
- SASE is working in avalanche forecasting, artificial triggering, and structural control in snowbound mountainous areas.
- SASE also participated in the Indian Antarctic Programme with research activities on the areas of Antarctic snow cover/ ice sheet surface energy balance and melt estimation.
PM inaugurates Atal Tunnel Rohtang:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the strategically important all-weather Atal Tunnel, Rohtang, which reduces the distance between Manali and Leh by 46 km and the travel time by four to five hours, at Rohtang in Himachal Pradesh.
- The foundation stone for the access road to the south portal of the tunnel was laid by the then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 2002.
- Opening of the Atal Tunnel at Rohtang would give a fresh impetus to tourism, agriculture and horticulture activities in Lahaul valley, as till now, tourist season here currently lasted only a few months.
- Atal Tunnel was world’s longest highway tunnel at this height and was unique in many ways.
- Atal Tunnel has telephone connections at every 150 meter for emergency communication, fire hydrant mechanisms at every 60 meter, auto incident detection system with CCTV cameras at every 250 meter, air quality monitoring at every 1 km, lighting/exit signs at every 25 meters, broadcasting system throughout the tunnel and cameras at every 60 meters.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: