Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
Mandi bags top position for implementation of PMGSY:
- Mandi district bagged top position in the country among all 30 districts of the country and Himachal Pradesh securing the second position at the National level for successful implementation of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna (PMGSY).
- PMGSY is a programme funded by the Centre government to connect habitations having a population of more than 250 in the state.
- Union Ministry of Rural Development has declared the list of top-performing 30 districts in the country for implementing the PMGSY programme in India.
- Mandi district has received top position among all 30 districts for constructing roads under PMGSY of maximum length in 2020 -21.
- Six more districts of Himachal Pradesh have also secured position among top 30 best performing districts, which include Chamba, Shimla, Kangra, Una, Sirmour, Hamirpur and Solan.
- Himachal Pradesh has also improved its performance under PMGSY programme by constructing 1104 Kilometres roads this year from April till date.
PM KUSUM Yojana implemented in State to provide irrigation facility to farmers:
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Mahaabhiyan Yojana (PM KUSUM) has been implemented in the state to provide irrigation facilities to the farmers.
- The scheme has been implemented in the state to provide irrigation facility the farmers could grow more cash crops and increase their income.
- Under the scheme, with the use of solar pumps irrigation water would be made available to farmers in the fields for which development of necessary infrastructure has been proposed in the state.
- Besides this, to facilitate the farmers various irrigation schemes such as Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana, Pravah Irrigation Scheme and Suksham Irrigation Scheme have been implemented in the state.
- Under PM KUSUM Yojna, a provision of 85 percent financial assistance for pumping machinery has been made for setting up of solar pumps at personal and community level by farmers.
- In present financial year, a provision of Rs. 12 crore has been made under the scheme.
- A target of setting up one thousand solar pumps has been set during this year, for which 50 percent expenditure would be borne by Centre Government and 35 percent by State Government, whereas 15 percent would be borne by the beneficiary.
Fire incident in Kinnaur district:
- A fire incident took place at Purbani village of Kinnaur district in which seven houses were gutted in a devastating fire which was controlled with the assistance of fire brigades, army, police and local people.
Bulk Drug Park in Una to go a long way in giving boost to pharma activities:
- Availability of water and power at lowest tariffs in India and presence of industrial gas pipeline makes Himachal Pradesh in general and the proposed Bulk Drug Park in Una district, a favourite place for investment in the pharma sector.
- Himachal Pradesh has been ranked seventh-best State in the country in Ease of Doing Business and 3rd in the country and 1st in the Northern States on Human Development Index.
- The state has Asia’s largest pharma hub manufacturing, which is 49 per cent of India’s drug formulations.
- Clean and green hydro power and better air, rail and road connectivity gives added advantages to the proposed Bulk Drug Park site in Una district.
- The Government was providing several incentives to entrepreneurs which include single-window clearance system and online approval with the integration of 37 services of 11 line departments.
- Dedicated nodal officers for projects above Rs. 50 crore investment were ensuring timebound approval to industrial units.
- Himachal Pradesh Government has also sent a proposal for setting up of a ‘Bulk Drug Park’ in Una district which would go a long way in giving a fillip for pharma activities.
- Rs. 1000 crore subsidy would be provided for setting up of this Bulk Drug Park.
- This would not only strengthen the economy of the State but also provide ample employment opportunities to the youth.
- About 1400 acre land had been identified and designated for the proposed park.
Three New Municipal Corporations came up in the state:
- The State Cabinet in its meeting under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur decided to upgrade Municipal Councils, Mandi, Solan and Palampur to Municipal Corporations by inclusion of adjoining areas.
- It also decided to create six new nagar panchayats viz. Kandaghat in Solan district, Amb in Una district, Ani and Nirmand in Kullu district and Chirgoan and Nerwa in Shimla district.
- It also gave its nod for re-organization of these Urban Local Bodies (ULBs). This includes Ner Chowk and Karsog in district Mandi and Nagar Panchayat Jwali in Kangra district by exclusion and inclusion of certain areas.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: