Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs
Himachal receives 7th rank in implementation of Ease of Doing Business Reforms:
- Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman released the State rankings for the implementation of ‘Ease of Doing Business Reforms Action Plan’ for the year 2019 brought out by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce, and Industry.
- Himachal Pradesh has registered a quantum leap of nine positions by securing 7th position amongst all States/ Union Territories in the country from the previous year ranking.
- Expressing happiness over this remarkable achievement of the State, Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur said that this was possible due to reforms brought by the State Government such as online approval for Section 118 cases, reforms in labour laws, strengthening the single window system, effective use of CM Helpline 1100, easy availability of land for potential entrepreneurs, etc.
HPKVN to sign five years contract agreement for setting up Centre of Excellence at Waknaghat:
- Himachal Pradesh Kaushal Vikas Nigam (HPKVN) would sign a Contract Agreement with the Operating Partners for a period of five years for setting up and operating the Centre of Excellence for Tourism and Hospitality at Waknaghat in Solan district and thereafter the contract agreement would be extended on the performance of Partner on mutually agreed terms and duration.
- State Government would provide subsidy on tuition fees to the Himachali students but the students would have to pay boarding and lodging charges including internship themselves.
- About sixty percent seats would be reserved for the student of Himachal Pradesh in this institution, but during the first academic session, only Himachali candidates would be eligible for admission in the PET courses.
- Training and equipments required for operationalisation of the Centre of Excellence would be procured by the HP Kaushal Vikas Nigam in consultation with Operating Partner and Management Committee.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: