Himachal Pradesh Weekly Current Affairs:
Mukhya Mantri Seva Sankalp Helpline 1100 launched in the state for rapid redressal of public grievances:
- The Mukhya Mantri Seva Sankalp Helpline has been set up for registering the complaints of citizens of the state and getting the same redressed through the concerned departments.
- Citizens would be able to get their complaint registered by calling the toll free number 1100 at the Call Centre.
- As many as 56 departments of the State has been involved in this helpline by geo-mapping and geo-tagging.
Himachal Government notifies Himachal Pradesh Tourism Policy, 2019:
Himachal Government has notified Himachal Pradesh Tourism Policy, 2019 which aims at holistic development of tourism in the State with special focus on ecotourism, agro organic tourism, snow tourism, lake tourism, adventure tourism, pilgrimage tourism, cultural and heritage tourism, health and wellness tourism, film tourism and MICE tourism (Meeting Travel, Incentive Travel, Conference Travel and Exhibition Travel).
The main objectives of this policy are to:
- promote tourism diversification through theme-based development
- to safeguard State’s tourism destinations through sustainable interventions
- to ensure that sustainable tourism primarily benefits host communities
- to build capacity and develop quality human resource for the tourism industry
The policy would provide safe, secure and unique ‘tourism for all’ and create an enabling environment for investments for sustainable tourism.
MoU’s worth Rs. 4775 crore signed during Shimla Mini Conclave:
- Himachal government succeeds in signing MoUs worth Rs. 45,000 crore before Global Investor’s Meet
- The Mini Conclave received a humongous response from the investors mainly in Tourism, Housing, Education, Food Processing, Health, and IT sectors.
- As many as 93 MoU’s were signed during the conclave which would attract investment worth Rs. 4775 crore for the State which includes 47 MoU’s related to the tourism sector alone.
The Cabinet gave its consent to include 428 Gram Panchayats of 10 districts in the State under the Integrated Development Projects:
- The Cabinet gave its consent to include 428 Gram Panchayats of 10 districts in the State under the Integrated Development Projects for Source Sustainability and Climate Resilient Rain-fed Agriculture-IDP, a project sanctioned by Department of Economic Affairs, Government of India for strengthening and sustainable development natural resources available in forest area touching agriculture land of these panchayats.
Draft policy for Buy-back of Non-recyclables Plastics Waste:
- The Cabinet gave its approval to the draft policy for the Buy-back of Non-recyclables Plastics Waste and various kinds of single-use Plastic waste including bags in Himachal Pradesh having a provision of Minimum Support Price of Rs. 75 kg.
- To be paid to the Ragpickers and individuals from households for is collection and deposit with the Urban Local Bodies for ensuring cleanliness in the State.
Yamuna Sharad Mahotsav, Paonta Sahib declared as State Fair:
- The Cabinet gave its nod to declare Yamuna Sharad Mahotsav, Paonta Sahib in Sirmaur district as State level Fair.