1. In which one of the following States is Pakhui Wildlife Sanctuary located?
- Arunachal Pradesh
2. Consider the following countries:
Which of the above are among the ‘free-trade partners’ of ASEAN?
- 1, 2, 4 & 5
- 3, 4, 5 & 6
- 1, 3, 4 & 5
- 2, 3, 4, & 6
3. The well-known painting “Bani Thani” belongs to the:
- Bundi school
- Jaipur school
- Kangra school
- Kishangarh school
4. What is “Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), sometimes seen in the news?
- An Israeli radar system
- India’s indigenous anti-missile programme
- An American anti-missile system
- A defense collaboration between Japan and South Korea
5. Which of the following is an artificial lake?
- Kodaikanal (Tamilnadu)
- Kolleru (Andhra Pradesh)
- Nainital (Uttrakhand)
- Renuka (Himachal Pradesh)
6. In 1920, which of the following changed its name to “Swarajya Sabha”?
- All India Home Rule League
- Hindu Mahasabha
- South Indian Liberal Federation
- The Servants of Indian Society
7. The Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE), a UN mechanism to assist countries transition towards greener and more inclusive economies, emerged at:
- The Earth Summit on Sustainable Development 2002, Johannesburg
- The UN Conference on Sustainable Development 2012, Rio de Janeiro
- The UNFCCC 2015, Paris
- The World Sustainable Development Summit 2016, New Delhi
8. Why is a plant called Prosopis juliflora often mentioned in news?
- Its extract is widely used in cosmetics
- It tends to reduce the biodiversity in the area in which it grows.
- Its extract is used in the synthesis of pesticides
- None of the above
9. “Momentum for Change: Climate Neutral Now” is an initiative launched by
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- The UNEP Secretariat
- The UNFCCC Secretariat
- The World Meteorological Organizations
10. Who among the following were the founders of the “Hind Mazdoor Sabha” established in 1948?
- B. Krishna Pillai, E.M.S. Namboodiripad and K.C. George
- Jayaprakash Narayan, Deen Dayal Upadhyay and M.N. Roy
- C.P. Ramaswamy Iyer, K. Kamaraj and Veeresalingam Pantulu
- Ashok Mehta, T.S. Ramanujam and G.G. Mehta
11. With reference to the religious practices in India, the “Sthanakvasi” sect belongs to:
12. With reference to Indian History, who among the following is a future Buddha, yet to come to save the world?
13. Which one of the following foreign travelers elaborately discussed about diamonds and diamond mines of India?
- Francois Bernier
- Jean Baptiste Tavernier
- Jean de Thevenot
- Abbe Barthelemy Carre
14. Which one of the following statements does not apply to the system of Subsidiary Alliance introduced by Lord Wellesley?
- To maintain a large standing army at other’s expense
- To keep India safe from Napoleonic danger
- To secure a fixed income for the Company
- To establish British paramountcy over the Indian States
15. Economically, one of the results of the British rule in India in the 19th century was the:
- increase in the export of Indian handicrafts
- growth in the number of Indian owned factories
- commercialization of Indian agriculture
- rapid increase in the urban population
16. The terms ‘WannaCry, Petya and EternalBlue’ sometimes mentioned int he news recently are related to:
- Cyber attacks
17. Very recently, in which of the following countries have lakhs of people either suffered severe famine/acute malnutrition or died due to starvation caused by war/ethnic conflicts?
- Angola and Zambia
- Morocco and Tunisia
- Venezuela and Colombia
- Yemen and South Sudan
18. The term “two-state solution” is sometimes mentioned in the news in the context of the affairs of :
19. India enacted The Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999 in order to comply with the obligations to
20. Among the following cities, which one lies on a longitude closest to that of Delhi?
21. International Labour Organization’s Convention 138 and 182 are related to:
- Child Labour
- Adaptation of agriculture practices to global climate change
- Regulation of food prices and food security
- Gender parity at the workplace
22. He wrote biographies of Mazzini, Garibaldi, Shivaji, and Shrikrishna ; stayed in America for some time; was also elected to the Central Assembly. He was
- Aurobindo Ghosh
- Bipin Chandra Pal
- Lala Lajpat Rai
- Motilal Nehru
23. “Rule of Law Index” released by which of the following?
- Amnesty International
- International Court of Justice
- The Office of UN Commissioner for Human Rights
- World Justice Project
24. Which of the following links all the ATMs in India?
- Indian Banks’ Association
- National Securities Depository Limited
- National Payments Corporation of India
- Reserve Bank of India