(i) General Knowledge (State, National, international & Current Affairs. – 50 Marks
For Current Affairs: Read One National Newspaper and one regional newspaper.
Suggested Books: For Himachal GK:
Suggested Books: For General GK:
- Indian Polity: M.Laxmikant (English)
- Indian Geography: Mazid Hussain (English)
- Indian History: Spectrum (English)
- Indian Economy: Ramesh Singh (English)
- Science: Lucent’s Science Book (English)
- Indian Polity: M.Laxmikant (Hindi)
- Indian Geography: Mazid Hussain (Hindi)
- Indian History: Spectrum (Hindi)
- Indian Economy: Ramesh Singh (Hindi)
- Science: Lucent’s Science Book (Hindi)
(ii) Central Motor Vehicles Act/ Central Motor Vehicles Rules, Labour Laws, Industrial Disputes Act, H.P.Ticketless Travelling Act, Motor Transport Workers Act. – 20 marks
(iii) English – 10 marks
(iv) Hindi – 10 marks
Suggested Books: Lucent’s Hindi Grammar
(v) Financial Management – 10 marks
Suggested Books: Financial Management Tata McGraw Hill
Note: After/while reading all these books, you should solve as many mock tests as you can. This will boost your confidence, makes you well acquainted with the exam pattern and gives you an edge over others who doesn’t solve mocks.
You can try our mock test series for this exam.