1. The first session of Indian National Congress presided by W.C. Banerjee held at which city?
2. Which book influenced Gandhiji greatly, which he read in England?
- Be Vegetarian
- Vegetables are good for health
- Plea for Vegetarianism
- Use of Vegetables
3. Who was the first general secretary of Congress Socialist Party?
- M.K. Gandhi
- Subhash Chandra Bose
- Jawahar Lal Nehru
- Jaya Prakash Narayan
4. Who committed first political murder in 1897 as part of terrorist movement in India?
- Chapekar Brother
- Khudiram Bose
- Sardar Udam Singh
- Bal Gangadhar Tilak
5. Who was elected speaker of the Central Legislative Assembly in 1925?
- Vallabh Bhai Patel
- Vitthal Bhai Patel
- Motilal Nehru
- Jawahar Lal Nehru
6. Which Governer General formulated the “ Doctrine of Lapse”?
- Lord Lytton
- Lord Curzon
- Lord Dalhousie
- Lord Canning
7. The Revolt of 1857 at Lucknow was led by
- Tantya tope
- Begam Hazrt Mahal
- Nana Sahib
- Rani Laxmi Bai
8. All India Muslim League was formed at
9. What was Kamagata Maru?
- political party based in Taiwan
- naval ship on voyage of Canada
- Peasant Communist leader of China
- Subbhash Chandra Bose visited it during world war
10. Sarvodaya stands for—
- Total revolution
- Upliftment of all
- Non Co-operation
11. Who built the Vijaya Satambha at Chittor?
- Rana Pratap
- Rana Sanga
- Rana Kumbha
- Ranjor Singh
12. Which clan of Rajput ruled the princely state of Jaipur?
13. Who started the Dhrupad Dhamar style of singing?
- Amir Khusro
- Raja Man Singh Tomar
- Vishnu Digambar Paluskar
14. Who among the following was the Sultan at Delhi when the Vijayanagar empire was founded?
- Firoz Tughlaq
- Sikandar Lodi
- Muhhamad – Bin – Tughlaq
15. Who built the Purna Kila (old fort) in Delhi?
- Sher Shah Suri
16. The first factory by Dutch in India was established at
17. The Treaty of Purandar was signed on June 11, 1665 between Mughals and Maratha Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Who represented Mughals in this treaty ?
- Jai Singh I
- Jai Singh II
- Ram Singh II
- Man Singh I
18. Moti Masjid was built in Red Fort by which of the following Mughal Emperor?
- Shah Aalam II
19. In the council of 8 Ministers of Shivaji which was called as Ashtapradhan , who was known as chief Minister and was responsible for General Administration?
20. Who among the following was the founder of Gahadvala Dynasty?
21. Who among the following is known as father of Indian archaeology?
- Colonel Mackenzie
- John Marshal
- Robert Seawell
- Alexander Cunningham
22. When was the ‘Panchtantra’ written?
- Gupta Period
- Maurya Period
- Harsha Period
- Kaniska Period
23. The caves and rock- cut temple at Ellora are
- Hindu, Buddhist and Jain
- Hindu and Jain
- Hindu and Buddhist
- Jain and Buddhist
24. Taxila university was situated in which country?
25. Who was the first European to designate Aryans a Race?
- William Jones
- H.H. Wilson
- General Cunningham
26. At which of the following Harappan sites, an Inkpot has been discovered?
27. Allahabad Pillar Inscription gives a detailed account of the reign of which of the following?
- Samudra Gupta
28. “Gayatri Mantra” has been mentioned in which of the Vedas?
29. ”Kaviraja” or King of poets was a title of _________?
- Samudra Gupta
- Skand Gupta
- Chandra Gupta Maurya
30. Which of the following was used in house making in Indus Valley Civilization?
31. The Battle of Bangani Sahib fought in which year?
- 1686 AD
- 1786 AD
- 1586 AD
- 1886 AD
32. Mosque (Masjid ) built by Jahangir at which popular Fort?
33. Who as the Chairman of Joint meeting of Shimla Hill State Ruler and Praja Mandal representatives held in January 1948 at solan?
- Padam Singh
- Yashwant Singh Parmar
- Durga Singh
- Bhagmal Sauntha
34. Ruler of which state defied Aurangzeb’s order to demolish the Hindu temple in his State?
35. According to 2011 census which district of Himachal Pradesh has the highest child (0-6 years) sex ratio?
- Lahaul and Spiti
36. “Horn not ok’ campaign was started in which of the two districts?
- Shimla and Solan
- Shimla and Mandi
- Solan and Manali
- Shimla and Manali
37. In which year Maharaja Ranjit Singh annex the Jaswan Riyasat?
38. Who lead the Jutog revolt in 1857?
- Shamsher Singh
- Bheem Singh
- Sansar Chand
- Padam Dev
39. Prem Pracharini Sabha was related to which Riyasat?
40. Who built the Taragarh Fort at Chamba?
- Sahil Varman
- Ummed Singh
- Jagat Singh
- Jasata Varman
41. Jakh Dhar is located in which district?
42. Which pass join Chamba with Pangi?
- Sach Pass
- Padri Pass
- Kunzum Pass
- Bhada Bhangal
43. Kibber village is located in which of the following valley?
- Kaza valley
- Lahaul valley
- Sangla valley
- Balh valley
44. Which pass connects Bharmour with Lahaul?
45. Surat Ram Praksah was elected as the first Prime Minister of which state on 15 Aug 1947?
46. Saint Kittis and Nevis, which recently signed ISFramework Agreement, is an island country of which ocean?
- Pacific Ocean
- Indian Ocean
- Atlantic Ocean
- Caspian Sea
47. Which IIT has decided to set up space technology cell in collaboration with ISRO?
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Madras
48. The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to set up Sikh museum and research centre in which city?
49. The 1st-ever India-Uzbekistan joint military exercise “Dustlik-2019” has started in which region?
50. Danakil Depression, which is in news recently, is associated to which African country?
51. Who has become the first Indian man cricketer to complete 100 T-20 Internationals?
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Dinesh Karthik
- Rohit Sharma
- Virat Kohli
52. Which country has protested over the inclusion of the region of Kalapani in the new political map of India?
53. The UN Women has proposed to partner with which state’s gender park?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
54. The first-ever Indo-US tri-services ‘Tiger Triumph’ has started in which state?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
55. Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde, who has been sworn-in as the new Chief Justice of India (CJI), is a former Chief Justice of which High Court?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
56. Which country has become the first country in the world to introduce WHO approved typhoid vaccine?
57. The ‘SAANS’ campaign has been launched by which union ministry?
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
58. Which state government has decided to start Arundhati gold scheme by January 2020?
- West Bengal
59. Who is set to become the first woman pilot of Indian Navy to join Naval operations?
- Nikita Gupta
- Komal Sharma
- Divya Kumari
60. Which country’s team has won the 2019 Davis Cup title?