Q. Who was Shri Lal Chand Prarthi?
Ans: Shri Lal Chand Prarthi was a leading figure in the politics of Kullu. He was born in March 1916, in a respectable Brahmin family of Naggar, the old capital of Kullu.
Q. What was the education of Shri Lal Chand Prarthi?
Ans: Shri Lal Chand Prarthi had his schooling from a local high school and left for Lahore and graduated in Ayurveda from S.D. College in 1934.
Q. How did he come in touch with revolutionaries?
Ans: He went to Lahore for his education, there he came in contact with the Revolutionary Party and became a leading figure in the student congress.
Q. What was the Carrer of Shri Lal Chand Prarthi and his achievements?
- He started his public career as an ardent social worker and successfully organised mass adult education programme in Kullu and as a result of which was appointed a Panchayat Officer.
- He also participated in Quit India Movement‘ by resigning from his job.
- Was member Legislative Assembly in 1952, 1962 and 1967.
- In 1964, became convener of Kullu Congress Committee.
- In 1967, was appointed Minister for Cooperatives in Himachal Pradesh.
Q. What were the literary works of Shri Lal Chand Prarthi?
- He was a student of Art, Culture and Folk Research.
- His famous literary work is ‘Kulut Desh Ki Kahani‘.
Q. When did Shri Lal Chand Prarthi die?
Ans: Shri Lal Chand Prarthi died on 11th December 1982.