Solved Paper Clerk 2018
Post Code – 627
Series – B
1. NABARD has recently launched the South- East Asia’s first –ever center for climate change at which Indian city?
- New Delhi
2. Which State has topped the list of best-governed States, as per the Public Affairs Index (PAI) for 2018?
- Himachal Pradesh
- West Bengal
3. Fakhar Zaman, who has recently become the fastest player to score 1000 ODI runs, belongs to which country?
4. Which State Government has recently launched e-Pragati Core initiative to provide integrated services to citizens?
- Andhra Pradesh
5. Which State government has recently released its first-ever tribal atlas to highlight the tribal demography of the state?
6. The Union Government has recently constituted which high-level committee to suggest laws against mob lynching and violence?
- K Dhasmana Committee
- Inderjit Singh Committee
- Bhasker Khulbe Committee
- Rajiv Gauba Committee
7. The National Traders Conclave 2018 has been organized in which city?
- New Delhi
8. Which country’s President has been invited as Chief Guest in the 2019 Republic day of India?
9. United Nation’s world Youth Skills Day is observed on which of the following dates?
- 12 July
- 12 June
- 15 July
- 15 August
10. The popular adventure sports of H.P. is/are
- Mountain cycling
- All of these
11. Who was the first Vice-chancellor of H.P. University?
- N.C. Mehta
- K.C. Mehta
- M. S. Randhawa
- R. K. Singh
12. Which of the following districts of H.P. has no urban population?
- Lahaul & Spiti
13. The sex ratio of H.P. as per Census 2011 is
14. Which among the following Scheduled Tribe Communities has the highest population in H.P.?
15. Municipal Committee of Shimla was dissolved in
16. Which of the following districts of H.P. has the largest number of Assembly Constituencies?
17. The festival of Fulaich is celebrated in the valley of
18. The famous temple of Baba Balak Nath is situated in the district of
19. Chamera Dam power station is located in which district of H.P.?
20. Which of the following industrial areas is not situated in Solan district of H.P.?
- Raja ka Bagh
21. Which of the following wildlife sanctuaries is located on the bank of the Satluj river?
- Rupi Bhaba
22. Which of the following district of H.P. Has the lowest percentage of area under forest cover?
- Lahaul & Spiti
23. During which year Bhakra-Nagal Dam is constructed?
24. Which of the following glaciers feeds Pabbar river?
- Chandra Glacier
- Bhaga Glacier
- Bhadal Glacier
- Chandra Nahan Glacier
25. Which of the following passes is famous as ‘Valley of Shadows’?
- Pin Parvati
26. The original seat of Susharma’s Family was at
27. Where did the Raja Umed Singh of Chamba die, after abdicating throne?
- Chaurasi area
28. Who was the last Raja of Busher State?
- Narain Singh
- Shamsher Singh
- Padam Singh
- Veer Bhadra Singh
29. Who was the Raja of Kullu state, when Guru Govind Singh visited there?
- Sidh Singh
- Man Singh
- Raj Singh
- Jai Singh
30. Who built the fort of ‘Rawingarh’?
- Karam Prakash
- Padam Prakash
- Akhand Prakash
- Bir Prakash
31. Lord Canning visited Shimla in the year
32. Cecil Hotel in Shimla was earlier known as
- Oberoi Hotel
- Hilton Hotel
- Falettis Hotel
- Clark Hotel
33. Chaurasi area is located in which districts of H.P.?
34. Lama dance in Bodh areas is called?
35. Rice cultivation is associated with which of the following Harappan site?
- Kot Diji
- All of these
36. In which text are the basic doctrines of Jainism dealt with?
- Nandi Sutras
- Chhaya Sutras
- Mula sutras
- None of these
37. The earliest mention of medicine can be found in the
- Rig Veda
- Sam Veda
- Atharva Veda
- Yajur Veda
38. Which of the following was the widely exported metal during the Gupta age?
- Iron and steel
39. The word’ Buddha means
- A liberator
- A conqueror
- An enlightened one
- An ascetic
40. Which of the following cities lost its eminent position in the post-Gupta period?
41. Dhruvasena was the ruler of
42. The founder of the Sena dynasty was
43. The only Sultan who declared himself Caliph was
- Alauddin Khalji
- Mubarak Shah Khalji
- Khusrau Shah
44. Who was the king of Vijayanagar at the time of battle fo Talikota?
- Rama Raya
- Dev Rai 1
- Sadasiva Raya
45. What did Akbar call the Sufistic faith, he propounded?
- Both (A) and (B)
46. Which of the following had special influence over Shivaji’s character?
- Maternal Uncle
- Paternal uncle
47. The ‘Chain of justice’ is associated with:
- Shah Jahan
- Sher Shah
48. Which community brought the influence of Zoroastrianism into India?
49. In British India, the middle class in Bengal mainly consisted of
50. The most outstanding leader among the extremists was
- Raj Narayan Bose
- C. Chatterjee
- Vishnu Gangadhar Tilak
- Bal Gangadhar Tilak
51. The partition of Bengal was sought to bring about by
- Lord Cornwallis
- Alfred Lyall
- Warren Hastings
- Lord Curzon
52. India’s attitude towards the British during the first World War was that of
- Active help
53. Whom did the Constituent Assembly elect its permanent chairman?
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Rajendra Prasad
- R. Ambedkar
- M. Munshi
54. The first meeting of non-aligned movement in India held in the year
55. Which of the following is called the ‘Primary Rocks’?
- Igneous rocks
- Metamorphic rocks
- Sedimentary rocks
- Both (B) and (C)