Official Answer Key: Download here
111. Biuret test is not given by
112. Which of the following reduces Tollen’s reagent?
- Cane sugar
- All of these
113. Which of the following is a water soluble vitamin?
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin K
114. Which of the following is non-reducing sugar?
115. Thiol group is present in
116. 2-Acetobenzoic acid is used as
117. Which of the following is employed as Antihistamine
- Diphenyl hydramine
118. Chloramphenicol is an
- Antifertility drug
- Antiseptic and disinfectant
- Antibiotic-board spectrum
119. Artificial Sweetener which is not stable at cooking temperature is
120. Which one of the following is employed as a tranquilizer?
121. A Harappan site near the Iranian border is
122. The first systematic and philosophical treatise on Buddhist doctrine, ‘Visuddhmagga’ was written by:
123. Which of the following Vedas dealt with rituals?
- Rig Veda
- Sama Veda
- Yajur Veda
- Atharva Veda
124. Humayun lost the Mughal empire to Sher Shah Suri finally in the battle of
125. Who has the foreign traveler who came to the court of Jahangir?
- Thomas Roe
- Thevenot and careri
126. The President of the ‘National Liberal Federation’ was
- W.C. Banerjee
- Lala Lajpat Rai
- G.K. Gokhale
- S.N. Banerjee
127. Who was the first deputy Prime minister of India?
- Krishna Menon
- Acharya Kripalani
- Vallabhai Patel
- Maulana Azad
128. The first modern industry to develop in India was
- Cotton textile industry
- Iron and steel industry
- Engineering industry
- Cement industry
129. Which of the following are the most destructive earthquake waves?
- Primary waves
- Secondary waves
- Surface waves
- All of these
130. The reflected amount of radiation, back of space, is called
- Albedo of the earth
- Heat balance of the earth
- None of these
131. The ocean which has the greatest depth is the
- Arctic ocean
- Pacific ocean
- Atlantic ocean
- Indian ocean
132. Which is the smallest country in the world in terms of population?
- Vatican City
133. Pelagic fish are found in
- Open oceans
134. The largest producer of silver in the world is
135. The national symbol of Netherlands is
136. The Most populous country of South-East Asia is
137. Which strait separates India from Sri Lanka?
- Palk Strait
- Palk Bay
- Adam’s Bridge
- None of these
138. The western littoral between Daman and Goa is called
- None of these
139. Orisan is a tributary of the river
140. Which of the following dam/projects is not situated in Gujrat?
141. Part IV of the constitution of India deals with
- Fundamental rights
- Directive Principles of States Policy
- Union Executive
142. The master plan of a National capital region was approved by
143. In India, the president is elected by
- Direct Election
- Open Ballot system
- Single transferable vote
- Proportional vote system
144. The Union cabinet is personally responsible to
- The Rajya Sabha
- The Lok Sabha
- The President of India
- The electorate
145. The first woman speaker of Lok Sabha was
- Vijay Lakshmi Pandit
- Sarojini Naidu
- Indira Gandhi
- Meira Kumar
146. The liberhan commission is related to
- Fodder Scam
- Administrative tribunals
- Babri Masjid demolition
- Reservation of minorities
147. When was decimal coinage system introduced in India?
148. The headquarters of RBI is situated at
149. The recommendation of the Kelkar Task Force is associated with
- Foreign investments
150. World Bank helps countries with loans for the purpose of
- Reconstruction and development
- Stimulating private investment
- Tackling foreign exchange crises
- Meeting deficits in the government budget
151. Looking at a photograph, a person said, “ I have no brother or sister but that man’s father is my father’s son. “At whose photograph was the person looking at?
- His son’s
- His nephew’s
- His father’s
- His own
152. 165135 is to ‘PEACE’ as 1215225 is to
153. If the 2nd half of the English alphabet is written in the reverse order, then find the 15th letter from the right.
154. Which of the following is not an industrial center in Solan district of H.P.?
155. The second race to enter the western hills of Himachal Pradesh was
156. Who was the first Governor of H.P.?
- Gen. K. Bahadur Singh
- S. Chakarvarti
- Aminuddin Khan
- S. Himmat Singh
157. Which of the following titles was not conferred on Raja Amar Prakash of Sirmaur by the British Government?
- Lieutenant- colonel
- Ambassador of her highness
158. The famous Luhnu ground in H.P. is located at
159. Shingo-la-pass is located in which district of H.P.?
- Lahual & Spiti
160. Which is the biggest Airport in H.P.?
- Jubbar Hatti
161. Which Bollywood personality has recently conferred D Litt (Honoris Causa) by Kazi Nazrul University in West Bengal?
- Sharmila Tagore
- Aishwarya Rai
- Rani Mukherji
162. Which city hosted the Global Disability Summit 2018?
- New Delhi
163. Which state government has recently launched a plantation drive ‘Green Mahanadi Mission’?
- Andhra Pradesh
164. Who has authored the book ‘ Ahimsa’ which sheds light on India’s freedom struggle?
- Shantanu Duttagupta
- Amala Shankar
- Supriya Kelkar
- Nandi Katheria
165. The prisoner was bound ———- a chain.
166. Meaning of the idiom ‘spick and span’ is
- Lean and thin
- Neat and clean
- Honest and true
- Hale and hearty
167. Synonym of the word ‘ Acquiesce’ is
- To rest satisfied
- Not making any opposition to a situation
- To disagree
- Quiet submission
168. ‘आकू ‘ से प्रत्यय बनता है
169. व्युत्पत्ति =
- वी + उत्पति
- उपरि + उक्त
- व्यु + उत्पति
- वायु + उत्पति
170. इनमे क्रिया विशेषण है
- धीरे –धीरे