Held on 11 August 2019
Choose the word which is closest in meaning to the word given in capital letters.
Choose the word which is nearly opposite in meaning to the word given in capital letters.
Which of the phrases (A),(B),(C), and (D) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in BOLD to make it grammatically correct.
5. Richa could not solve the problem at all and was at HER WITS.
- Her Wits’ end
- The Wit’s end
- The Witty end
- The Wit end
6. To reduce costs, we should replace our current system BY MUCH EFFICIENT one.
- Through more efficient
- Efficient by
- With a more efficient
- For better efficiency
In each question given below, a sentence in four words printed in BOLD type is given a number as (A),(B),(C), and (D). One of these four BOLD printed words may either be wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word.
7. Many Indian firms have:
- ENTRY into
- PARTNERSHIP with
- FOREIGN firms of
8. This is a
- EXAMPLE of what the government can
- ACHIVE if it is
In the following passage, there are blanks each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, four words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find the word in each case.
For as long as I can remember, I have thought of myself as a teacher. I still do even today. However, in 1965, I decided to 9 my hand at business. So I 10 my father to allow me to 11 up a printing and packaging plant. I 12 the project proposal and applied for a loan. Once it was approved, I went 13 the challenges of employing the right people.
Fill in the blanks with the appropriate preposition by choosing from the four alternatives given.
14. I differ…………you on this point.
15. The bullet missed his heart………..two inches.
16. A type of poem 14 lines each of 10 syllables and with a formal pattern of rhymes is called
17. ‘न नौ मन तेल होगा न राधा नाचेगी‘ से तात्पर्य है
- बहाने बनाना
- नाच नाचना
- समस्या खड़ी करना
- भजन कीर्तन करना
18. ‘सर पर पैर रख कर भागना‘ से तात्पर्य है:-
- पीट कर भागना
- डर कर भाग जाना
- नंगे पैर दौड़ना
- दौड़ प्रतियोगिता जीतना
19. ‘काटो तो खून नहीं‘ से तात्पर्य है:-
- ठण्ड में जम जाना
- शर्मिंदा होना
- झटके से काटना
- जादू करना
20. दिए गए शब्द का विलोम शब्द छाँटिए –