Series – D
1. In which district of H.P. is Kunt Bhayog Lake?
2. Which of the following is a tributary of the Beas River?
- All of these
3. Which pass joins Chamba and Bhattiyat?
4. In which district of H.P. is Kardang Gompa?
5. Near which town is Tundah sanctuary?
6. At which place in Hamirpur district of H.P. there is a Sheep Breeding Farm?
7. For which game did Rajiv Nayyar get Parshuram Award in 1997?
8. In which region of H.P. is Andhra Hydel Project?
9. Who founded the Guler princely state?
- Rattan Chand
- Nand Chand
- Manj Chand
- Hari Chand
10. Who was the Speaker of H.P. Vidhan Sabha in 1952?
- Krishan Chander
- Des raj Mahajan
- Jaiwant Ram
- Vidya Dhar
11. To be elected as Vice President of India the age of a person must not be less than….,….
- 50 years
- 45 years
- 40 years
- 35 years
12. In which state of India is the Hampi group of monuments?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
13. Where is the Indian Military Academy?
14. In which state of India is the Munda tribe mainly found?
15. By which amendment of the Indian Constitution was the re-organization of states done in 1956?
16. Who won the 2019 Nobel Prize for Peace?
- Peter Handkey
- Abiy Ahmed
- Michel Mayor
- Willam Kaelin
17. Near which river is the Paris city of France?
18. To which country did Isaac Newton belong?
19. Which is the hottest planet?
20. Near which river is the Lothal Indus valley Civilization site?
21. In English verse, an Alexandrine is a line of
- Four iambic feet
- Six iambic feet
- Four trochaic feet
- Six dactylic feet
22. John Keats’ poem Hyperion presents the
- Fall of the sun-god Hyperion
- Fall of Apollo
- Quarrel of Hyperion with the Pole Star
- Relationship of the sun god and moon goddess
23. The acclaimed book Tales from Shakespeare was written by
- P B Shelley and Mary Shelley
- Charles and Mary Lamb
- William Hazlitt
- James Henry Leigh Hunt
24. Northanger Abbey and Persuasion are novels by
- Frances Burney
- Maria Edgeworth
- Jane Austen
- Frances Trollope
25. Mrs. Gaskell was the biographer of
- The three Bronte sister
- Emily Bronte
- Anne Bronte
- Charlotte Bronte
26. The epic Poem Aeneid was composed by
27. Which of the following, as per the lliad, did not participate in the war of Troy due to old age:
28. Which of the following books of Salman Rushdie was banned in India due to its controversial subject matter?
- The Ground Beneath her Feet
- The Satanic Verses
29. Who among the following women poets is known for her bold portrayal of female sexuality in her creative writings?
- Toru Dutt
- Sarojini Naidu
- Kamala Das
- Amrita Pritam
30. Which of the following Indian playwrights passed away, aged 81, in June 2019?
- Mahesh Dattani
- Vijay Tendulkar
- Badal Sarkar
- Girish Karnad
31. The Interpretation of Dreams was written by
- Carl Sagan
- Carl Jung
- Sigmund Freud
- Jane Austen
32. ‘Jataka Stories’ in Buddhist literature Narrativise
- Human belief in the supernatural phenomenon
- The past lives of the Buddha
- The Human-animal interdependence
- Tantric practices among believers of Buddhism
33. In the utterance, ‘The course of true love never did run smooth, ‘ the word ‘smooth’ is
- An adverb
- An adjective
- A noun
- A verb
34. Some famous 17th Century English poets well-known for employing conceits for their poetic imagery are known as
- Pedantic poets
- Metaphysical poets
35. ‘Cockney School of Poetry’ an expression used for some English poets like John Keats, William Hazlitt. P B Shelley was
- An expression of unconcern
- A phrase endorsing their contribution to poetry
- An expression of endearment
- A derisive term
36. ‘Georgian Poetry’ in English stands for
- The poetry of the latter half of the 16th century
- The poetry of the initial decades of he 20th Century
- Poetry eulogizing King George
- Poetry criticizing King George
37. Great Expectations poetic Expressions is the title of a well – known
38. The oft-quoted Shakespearean poetic expression ‘Blow, blow, thou winter wind….’ Occurs in his play
- The Tempest
- As you like it
- King Lear
39. The term ‘Campus Novel’ refers to
- A fictional work describing life in an educational institution
- A fictional work was written by a lecturer
- A novel about university life
- A novel depicting life in a residential campus
40. The term ‘Catharsis’ relates primarily to the genre of