1. What is India’s estimated GDP growth rate for 2018-19 in the Economic Survey?
- 3% – 7.1%
- 2% – 7.5%
- 7% – 7.5%
- 7% – 7.2%
2. What was the Index of Industrial Production in December 2017?
3. Find the correct poverty estimates for the given states in 2011-12, as per the Planning Commission?
(A) (B) (C) (D)
Arunachal Pradesh 34.7% 33.7% 36.9% 34.7%
Bihar 39.9% 36.9% 39.9% 33.7%
Chhattisgarh 36.9% 34.7% 33.7% 39.9%
Manipur 33.7% 39.9% 34.7% 36.9%
4. With what is “Operation Green” related?
- Use of paramilitary forces against Naxalites in Maharashtra
- Use of paramilitary forces against Naxalites in Chhattisgarh
- Tomato Onion Potato
- Round Revolution
5. Who is the first woman advocate whose name has been recommended by the collegium to become the Judge of Supreme Court of India?
- Indu Malhotra
- Neeru Chadha
- Sujata V. Manohar
- Gyan Sudha Mishra
6. What is the bank account available to Dalits and Women under “Stand-up India”?
- 1 – 10 lakh
- 10 – 50 lakh
- 10 lakh – 1 crore
- 50 lakh – 1 crore
7. Immunization of all children by 2020 is related to :
- Mission Rainbow
- Mission Ayushmaan Bharat
- Mission Arogya
- Mission Healthy Bharat
8. According to the Global Nutrition Report 2017, how many females suffered from anaemia in India?
9. What is the estimated social sector expenditure in budget 2018-19?
- 1.36 lakh crore
- 1.37 lakh crore
- 1.38 lakh crore
- 1.39 lakh crore
10. How many poor families will be provided with how much medical insurance per family in 2018-19 under the Ayushmaan Bharat Yojana?
- 10 crore and Rs 3 lakh
- 5 crore and Rs 5 lakh
- 10 crore and Rs 5 lakh
- 3 crore and Rs 10 lakh
11. How many hours per year are the people expected to contribute for cleanliness under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan?
12. Match the items given in column I and II
(P) Montreal Protocol
(Q) Vienna Convention
(R) Kyoto Protocol
(S) Earth Summit
- Protection of Ozone Layer
- Stabilization of Greenhouse Gases
- Environment and Sustainable Development
- Total Elimination of Ozone Depleting Substances
Match the above:
- (P-iv), (Q-ii), (R-i), (S-iii)
- (P-iv), (Q-i), (R-ii), (S-iii)
- (P-ii), (Q-iv), (R-i), (S-iii)
- (P-ii), (Q-i), (R-iii), (S-iv)
13. In context environment, the term “dirty dozen” refers to:
- 12 ozone layer depleting substances
- 12 persistent organic pollutants
- 12 most harmful greenhouse gases
- 12 most degraded ecosystems
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
- Only 3
- 1, 2 and 3
- Only 2
- 1, 2, 3 and 4
14. Vast majority of biodiversity occur in :
- Developing countries
- Developed countries
- Equal in both
- None of the above
15. “Appiko Movement” was leaded by :
- Sunderlal Bahuguna
- Pandurang Hegde
- Vandana Shiva
- Amrita Devi
16. Freshwater present on earth is :
17. Which industry labours are most prone to Cytosilicosis disease?
18. Match the items given in column I and II :
(P) Biological Diversity Act
(Q) E-Waste (Management and Handling) Rules
(R) Hazardous Wastes (Management, Handling and Trans-boundary) Rules
(S) Municipal Solid Wastes (Management and Handling Rules
- (P-i), (Q-iv), (R-ii), (S-iii)
- (P-i), (Q-iv), (R-ii), (S-ii)
- (P-iv), (Q-iii), (R-ii), (S-i)
- (P-iv), (Q-iii), (R-i), (S-ii)
19. In which year “Project Crocodile” was launched in India?
20. Which of the following is a non-renewable energy source?
- Nuclear reactors
- All of the above
21. Which of the following is not a fundamental unit?
22. The liquid used in a clinical thermometer is :
23. The image formed by a convex mirror is :
- Erect and diminished
- Erect and enlarged
- Inverted and diminished
- Inverted and enlarged
24. Renewable source of energy is :
- Fossil fuels
- Natural gas
25. The global warming has resulted:
- Increase in yield of the crop
- Decrease in sea levels
- Decrease in human deaths
- Increase in sea levels
26. Photosynthesis occurs in :
- None of the above
27. In which part of our body RBC formed?
28. “Rataundhi” is due to deficiency of which Vitamin?
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B12
29. Core of a transformer is made of :
- Soft iron
30. Which of the following is in the deficiency in a body during “Dengue” fever?
31. Who won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 2017?
- Joachim Frank
- Jacques Dubochet
- Richard Henderson
- All of the above
32. Who won the Women’s Single Wimbledon tournament in 2017?
- Garbine Muguruza
- Ekaterina Makarova
- Elena Vesnina
- Serena Williams
33. Who became first female President of Singapore?
- Carrie Lam
- Halimah Yacob
- Jacindra Ardern
- Angela Merkel
34. Why Jagmeet Singh is in news?
- He is elected leader of Canada’s New Democratic Party.
- He represents South Hall in British House of Commons.
- He is appointed as one of the advisor to President Donald Trump.
- He is advisor to UN Commission on Human Rights.
35. Why Hambantota Port has been in news in 2017?
- Its majority stakes are sold to China.
- It straddles world’s busiest east-west shipping route.
- Chinese move here created worries for India.
- All of the above
36. Who was awarded Best Actress award in the 64th National Film awards function?
- M. Surabhi
- Zaira Wasim
- Iman Chakraborty
- Sonam Kapoor
37. Match List-I and List-II and select the correct answer from the codes given below :
- Sachidanand Vatsyayan
- Fatima Beevi
- Harijan leader
- Hindi Poet
(I) (II) (III) (IV)
- (iv) (iii) (i) (ii)
- (iii) (iv) (ii) (i)
- (iii) (i) (ii) (iv)
- (ii) (i) (iii) (iv)
38. Name the sportsperson who has been honoured with “Bharat Ratna”?
- Major Dhyan Chanda
- Sunil Gavaskar
- Sachin Tendulkar
- P.T. Usha
39. Who is appointed as New Chairman of ISRO?
- G.K. Menon
- Roddam Narasimhan
- R. Rao
40. Who said that, “The Constituent Assembly was a one party body in The Assembly was the Congress and the Congress was India”?
- Morris Jones
- Paul R. Brass
- Granville Austin
- Richard Sisson