1. Which one of the following districts is having highest road density?
2. In Himachal Pradesh total number of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha seats are….
3. “Twarikh-e-Riyasat Sirmaur” book has written by
A. Akshar Singh
B. Anand Chand
C. Ranzor Singh
D. Bal Govind
4. Where Central Potato Research Institute is located in H.P.?
5. Which of the following district leads in per capita savings?
6. Who is the founder of famous co-operative society “The Bhutti Weavers Co-operative Society” well-known in the handloom sector?
A. Padha Bansi Lal
B. M.R. Thakur
C. Bed Ram Thakur
D. Prithi Chand
7. Areawise, which one of the following districts is the largest?
8. “Halda” festival is celebrated in which part of H.P.?
B. Upper Shimla Areas
D. Outer Saraj of Kullu
9. “Drati” pass joins which of the following areas?
10. Famous “Pattan” valley belongs to which district?
11. River Satluj in Sanskrit Literature is known by which name?
12. Which of the following is the highest peak located in H.P.?
13. In which district the “Sechu Taun Nala” wildlife sanctuary is located?
14. Which of the following ruler shifted the capital of ancient Kullu state from Jagat Sukh to Naggar?
A. Suraj Pal
B. Visud Pal
C. Bhag Pal
D. Som Pal
15. Where Gondhla Castle or Fort is situated?
16. From where Chenab river originates?
A. Baralacha Pass
B. Bara Banghal
C. Rohtang Pass
D. Bhrigu Peak
17. Where Kalpi Memorial is situated?
C. Paonta Sahib
18. The famous “Chhari Yatra” is related to
A. Bijli Mahadev
C. Shri Naina Devi Ji
D. Shivratri Fair
19. Kathgarh village in India area is famous for
A. Old Palace
B. Mining Site
C. Fish Farming
D. Old Shiv Temple
20. Who is considered the founder of Katoch dynasty of ancient Kangra State?
A. Bhuma Chand
B. Sangara Chand
C. Megh Chand
D. Prithvi Chand
21. Generation capacity of Kol Dam Hydel Project is around
A. 1000 MW
B. 800 MW
C. 1200 MW
D. 1400 MW
22. Famous picnic spots Dharamkot and Triund are located in district
23. In which district Sangla Valley is located?
24. The famous Bhuri Singh Museum has been inaugurated in or around.
B. 1905 AD
C. 1912 AD
D. 1915 AD
25. Who has been credited with the discovery of Rock cut temple at Masrur for archaeologists and others around 1913?
A. William Hay
B. Charles Napier
C. H.L. Shuttleworth
D. William Bentick
26. The Siul-Baira and Holi Hydel Projects are located in which district?
27. Who was appointed Chief Commissioner of H.P. in the year 1948?
A. Bhagwan Sahai
B. E. Penderal Moon
C. Bajrang Bahadur Singh
D. N.C. Mehta
28. Who is credited with the composition of inspirational song of Azad Hind Fauj?
A. Mohan Singh
B. Lal Chand
C. Ram Singh Thakur
D. Chinmaya Das
29. “Western Tragopan” is the name of a/an
30. “Buddha Charita” was written by
31. ………..was not a God of Aryans during Rig-Vedic period.
32. Which of the following scriptures are also known as ‘Vedantas’?
D. Panchatantra (Tales)
33. Which one of the following is nor concerned with the teachings of Mahavira(Jainism)?
B. Eight fold path( Ashtamarg)
C. Disbelief in God
D. Five Vows
34. Which of the following buildings was associated with trial of “Mahatma Gandhi Assassination Case”?
A. Rothney Castle
B. Wild Flower Hall
C. Peter Hoff
D. Vice Regal Lodge
35. “Black Pagoda” is located at
36………………..was the founder of Delhi Sultanate.
C. Muhammad bin Tughlaq
D. Qutubuddin Aibak
37. The year 712 AD is important because
A. Of the death of Shankracharya
B. Hieun Tsang visited India
C. Zero was discovered by Aryabhatta
D. Arabs invaded Sindh under Mohammad bin Qasim
38. Which Mughal Emperor is said to have “tumbled in life and tumbled out of it”?
D. Bahadur Shah Zaffar
39. The Gupta empire declined in the fifth century A.D. as a result of the invasion of
40. ……………….was famous for his market policy and fixation of prices.
B. Muhammad bin Tughlaq
C. Alauddin Khilji
41. The reforms movement in India among the Muslims started by Sir Sayyed Ahmed Khan is known as
A. Aligarh Movement
B. Wahabi Movement
C. Khilafat Movement
D. Ahmedia Movement
42. Who led the Anti-Simon Commission agitation at Lahore?
A. Bhagat Singh
B. Lala Lajpat Rai
C. Mahatma Gandhi
D. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
43. Who is referred to as the “Grand Old Man of India”?
A. Rabindranath Tagore
B. Sardar Patel
C. Dadabhai Naoroji
D. Mahatma Gandhi
44. “Jaziyah” was a/an
A. commercial tax
B. religious tax to be paid by all muslims and non-muslims
C. tax to be paid by non-muslims for protection in an Islamic State.
D. emergency tax paid by the Hindus during Mughal period.
45. In which of the following movments, Sardar Patel played a leading part?
A. Bijolia Movement
B. Dandi March
C. Champaran Satyagraha
D. Bardoli Movement
46. Who wrote the famous book-“India Wins Freedom”?
A. Jawahar Lal Nehru
B. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
C. Sarojini Naidu
D. Subhash Chandra Bose
47. The tomb of Akbar the great is located at
48. First rulers to issue gold coins in India were
49. Who made air strikes on the “Pearl Harbour” on 7th December, 1941?
50. The split of the Congress into the moderates and the extremists took place during the session at
D. Madras (Chennai)
51. GDP consists of
A. Per Unit Market Price
B. Gross Output of Goods
D. All of these
52. VAT scheme is expected to
A. Raise prices of foreign goods
B. Raise prices of luxury goods
C. Lower prices of goods of everyday use
D. Avoid repeated payment of duty from the raw materials stage to the final product and thus reduce.
53. The Reserve Bank of India was established in the year
54. Census is conducted after every………year/s.
55. Bank note of One Rupee is issued by
A. Finance Commission
C. State Government
D. Govt. of India
56. The idea of Five year Plan in India has been borrowed/adopted from
B. Erstwhile USSR
57. Which of the following statements is incorrect about the qualifications becomes the President of India?
A. One must be a citizen of India.
B. One must be eligible to be a member of the Lok Sabha
C. One must hold a government post to the rank of Secretary to the Govt. of India
D. One must be 35 years in age
58. Which of the following is not a Fundamental Right?
A. Right to Property
B. Right to Equality
C. Right to Education
D. Right against Exploitation
59. Who is known as the “Father of Green Revolution in India”?
A. Verghese Kurien
B. M.S. Swaminathan
C. M. Visvesaraya
D. Anna Hazare
60. The President of India appoints…….members of special repute in the Rajya Sabha.
61. Which of the following personalities had never served as the Prime Minister of India?
A. Chaudhary Charan Singh
B. Morarji Desai
C. Gulzari lal Nanda
D. Dr. Zakir Hussain
62. Which of the following statements is incorrect about the Prime Minister of India?
A. He is the head of the government and the Council of Ministers
B. He is the first citizen of India
C. He is supposed to communicate all the decisions taken by the Cabinet to the President
D. He is appointed by the President on being the leader of the majority party in the Lok Sabha
63. The process of Impeachment of the President of India can be initiated in
A. Supreme Court of India
B. Lok Sabha
C. Specially Constituted Commission for the purpose
D. Either of the two houses of the Parliament
64. Which one of the following does not find mention in the Preamble to the Constitution of India?
A. We, the People of India
D. Martyrs of India
65. Under Article 370, of the Constitution ……..has been conferred with special status.
B. Jammu & Kashmir
66. ……..has been empowered by the Constitution to form new states.
A. Supreme Court of India
B. President of India
D. Specially empowered Commission only
67. The Chief Election Commissioner can be removed
A. By the President of India
B. By the Parliament
C. Through an order issued by the Prime Ministers
D. Through a procedure similar to that for the removal of the judge of Supreme Court
68. How many members of Rajya Sabha Retire after every two years?
A . One-third
D. None of these
69.Which of the following is not the specialized agency of UNO?
70. The Union Territories get representation in
A. Lok Sabha
B. Rajya Sabha
C. Both the Houses of Parliament
D. None of the above
71. The Rajya Sabha can have the maximum strength of
72. The name of Sh. Subhash Chandra Bose is associated with ….party as its founder.
A. Indian National Congress
C. Polit Bureau
D. Forward Bloc
73. The power to decide an election petition is vested with
A. Election Commission
B. Supreme Court
C. High Court
74. The last month of Indian National Congress (Saka Era) is
75.The Vice-President of India is
A. Elected by the Parliament
B. Elected by the President
C. Elected by the People
D. Elected by the Rajya Sabha
76. Who was the first Indian woman to become Miss World?
A. Aishwarya Rai
B. Sushmita Sen
C. Reita Faria
D. Daina Hayden
77. ………….was popularly known as “lady with the lamp”.
A. Mother Teresa
B. Florence Nightingale
C. Sarojini Naidu
D. Devika Rani
78. The “Dronacharya Award” is given to a/the
79. The first Asian Games were held in
80. Olympic Games (summer) -2016 will be held at
81. The name “Pankaj Advani” is associated with
82. Who was the first person to receive Bharat Ratna in 1954?
A. Jawahar lal Nehru
B. Dr. C.V. Raman
C. Dr. M. Visvesvaraya
D. Dr. S. Radhakrishan
83. Who among the following actors has not played a role in recently released Hindi film “Jai Ganga Jal”?
A. Priyanka Chopra
B. Prakash Jha
C. Anuj Aggarwal
D. Nishikant Kamat
84. Who is the author of book – “The Dramatic Decade – The Indira Gandhi Years”?
A. Manmohan Singh
B. Gulam Nabi Azad
C. Pranab Mukherjee
D. Vir Sanghvi
85. Which of the following is Page Orientation?
D. Only A & B
86. What is the shortcut key to split a table?
87. A nibble is equivalent to
A. 8 bits
B. 4 bits
C. 12 bits
D. 2 bits
88. Which of the following Cups/Trophies is not associated with Hockey?
A. Agha Khan Cup
B. Azlan Shah Cup
C. Dhyan Chand Trophy
D. Davis Cup
89. Software such as Explorer and Firefox, are referred to as
A. System Software
B. Utility Software
D. Internet tools
90. “Nathula Pass” is in …………..state.
A. Jammu & Kashmir
91………. is the largest planet of our Solar System
92. “World Environment Day” is observed on
A. 5 March
B. 22 March
C. 5th June
D. 6 May
93. If you’re visiting Mount Abu, then you are in ……state.
94. What is the minimum number of rows and columns that a table in MS-Word can have?
B. 2 rows and 1 column
C. 2 rows and 2 Columns
D. 1 row and 1 column
95. Areawise, ………….is the largest country in the world?
96. The famous desert “Gobi” is in
97. “Manila” is the capital of
98. The famous port “Vishakhapatnam” is located in the state of
B. Andhra Pradesh
C. Tamil Nadu
99. Which of the following rivers falls into “Gulf of Khambhat”?
100. The imaginary line drawn around the earth midway between the poles is called
C. Tropic of Cancer
D. Tropic of Capricorn
Liked the article? We’re a non-profit website. Make a donation and help us build our work.