Himachal Pradesh Monthly Current Affairs
Dr. Y.S. Parmar’s 115th birth anniversary celebrated:
- On the occasion of 115th birth anniversary of founder and first Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar, Chief Minister termed Dr. Parmar a selfless, inspiring and tireless crusade whose contributions in formation of the State and later attaining proper shape and status would be remembered for years to come.
- Chief Minister said that the dream of Dr Y. S. Parmar was to see the hill men gain a personality of their own. He said that by the virtue of his deeds Dr. Parmar has immortalized himself.
- He said that it was the commitment and dedication of Dr Parmar that despite all odds, Himachal Pradesh got a separate identity.
- He said that vision of Dr. Parmar was clear and the arduous task to realize this vision continued till the attainment of Statehood in 1971.
- It was Dr. Parmar’s forceful advocacy, which led to the achievement of statehood to Himachal Pradesh, he added.
About Dr. Y.S Parmar:
Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar was born on 4th August 1906 at Chanhalag village near Bagthan in the Sirmaur district.
Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar’s father’s name was Bhandari Shivanand Singh Parmar, a popular leader, a successful lawyer, and an eminent writer.
Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar was educated at F.C. College, Lahore and Canning College, Lucknow, Lucknow University. Dr. Y.S. Parmar did M.A., L.L.B., and Ph.D.
- Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar had been a member of Seva Samiti Nahan (1919-20)
- Member Theosophical Society, Dehradun (1929)
- Sub-Judge and Magistrate I” Class, Sirmaur State (1920- 37)
- Secretary, Nahan Cricket Club (1937-39)
- District and Sessions Judge, Sirmaur State (1937-41)
- President of All India State People’s Conference (1947)
- An advocate in Judicial Commissioner’s Court, Himachal Pradesh
- Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar organized Suket Satyagraha in 1948, which culminated in the integration of princely states in Himachal Pradesh.
- He was nominated to the All India Congress Committee (AICC) in 1948.
- Later on, Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar became Member, Chief Commissioner’s Advisory Council (1948).
- He was elected President of the Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee (194850).
- Dr. Y.S. Parmar contested the first Legislative Assembly election in 1951-52 and got elected its leader, to be sworn in as first Chief Minister for the period from 1952 to 1956.
- He was elected to parliament in 1957.
- He was elected President of the Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee in 1960.
- He was Advocate to Supreme Court in 1961.
- President of HPCC during 1961-62 and 1963.
- Re-elected Chief Minister of the Pradesh in 1963 and again in 1967 got elected to Vidhan Sabha from Renuka constituency.
- From 1967 to 1977, Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar remained Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh continuously.
Dr. Parmar was an eloquent writer and wrote the following books: –
- “Social and Economic Background of Himalayan Polyandry”
- “Himachal Pradesh”- Its proper shape and status
- “Himachal Pradesh” – Area and language and strategy for the development of hill areas
- “Himachal Pradesh”- Case for Statehood
Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar died on 2nd May 1981.
Ram Subhag Singh assumes office of Chief Secretary:
- Ram Subhag Singh assumed the office of the Chief Secretary of Himachal Pradesh.
- A Himachal Pradesh Cadre IAS officer of 1987 batch Ram Subhag Singh has held several important assignments within and out of the State and was instrumental for various innovations.
- Born on 31 July, 1963 Ram Subhag Singh has a vast administrative experience of 34 years.
Meri Parwaz book of Rashima Thakur released:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur released a poetry book ‘Meri Parwaz’ written by eminent educationist, poet and social worker Rashima Thakur.
- The Chief Minister appreciated the efforts of the author for bringing this poetry book and expressed hope that the poetry of this poetic book would touch the hearts of the people and instil a feeling of unity, love and affection in the society.
Governor releases book ‘High on Kasol’:
- Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar released the book ‘High on Kasol’ written by senior journalist Aditya Kant at Raj Bhavan.
- While appreciating the efforts of the author, the Governor said that drug addiction was a social evil and it was not related to any specific person but it affects the whole society in large.
- Therefore, everyone needs to work together in this direction so that the young generation could be saved from this evil.
- He said that the author has made a commendable effort in raising this burning issue.
CM releases book Mohra:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur released book ‘Mohra’ written by noted writer, storyteller and film maker Dr. Dev Kanya Thakur.
- The book is a beautiful collection of ten stories unfolding the prevailing traditions in Himachal Pradesh and thus revealing a different world within them.
- While appreciating the efforts of the writer, Chief Minister said that the writer has succeeded in engraving the struggles and moods of the hill women through her stories.
State Handicrafts and Handloom Corporation signs MoU with Flipkart:
- A MoU was signed between the State Handicrafts and Handloom Corporation and Flipkart for online sale and promotion of the products of the Corporation in presence of Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur.
- The MoU would provide an e-Commerce platform for over 20,000 artisans associated with handloom and handicrafts in the State.
- Now the artisans would get an opportunity to market their products online and get remunerative prices of their artifacts.
- This would also ensure the reach of Himachali handicraft and handloom products not only in national but international market as well.
Swachh Himachal-Swastha Himachal Campaign launched in HP:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched the ‘Swachh Himachal-Swastha Himachal’ campaign-2021 by flagging off 250 ‘Safai Mitras’ of Municipal Corporation Shimla from The Ridge.
- The nature has blessed Himachal Pradesh with clean environment and pristine natural beauty. He said that it becomes duty of all of us to maintain the same by adopting habit of cleanliness and keeping our surroundings neat and clean.
- The State Government way back in 2009 imposed complete ban on use of plastic bags in the State.
- In the year 2019 the State launched buy back policy for buying plastics from the consumers to protect earth from non bio-degradable wastes.
- Till date over one lakh kilogram plastics have been purchased under this scheme from the consumers.
- The State Government has also banned use of plastics and thermocol cutlery as this was a major source of environment hazards.
- Government was promoting use of patals and plates made from papers. About 100 patals and douna making machines have also been provided to the poor to promote use of these articles instead of thermocol and plastics besides helping them in earning their livelihood.
3000 persons benefited under PMSVANidhi scheme in Himachal:
- More than 3000 people have been benefited with distribution of Rs. 3 crore collateral free loans under PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PMSVANidhi) launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to empower Street vendors.
- State has 5790 Street vendors registered with the department out of which more than 3000 have been benefited under this scheme.
- Collateral free loan worth Rs. 3 crore has been disbursed to the beneficiaries and the state government was committed to implement this scheme in letter and spirit.
- Now ward councillors and officials concerned would reach out to Street vendors to make them aware about the scheme besides helping them to avail the benefits.
Greater Shimla Area to get $250 Million World Bank Funded WSS Services:
- The Shimla water supply and sewerage project aims to meet the water demand of Shimla and adjoining areas.
- The proposed project would provide 67 MLD additional water to the town.
- The project has been prepared to ensure bulk water supply to Shimla for next 30 years from a sustainable source of river Sutlej.
- It was his promise to the people of the town to provide 24X7 water supply, which would soon be fulfilled. He said that 24X7 water supply would be provided to five wards of the town till December, 2021. The pilot project is at the final stage.
- In the recent cabinet it was decided that the Shimla Water Supply and Sewerage Services Delivery Program for improvement of WSS services in Greater Shimla Area would be funded by World Bank with total financial outlay of $ 250 Million (INR 1813 Crore).
- The total requirement of the Shimla Planning Area including tourist and future satellite towns in the year 2050 is estimated as 107 MLD. Currently Shimla city gets 40 MLD of water form LWSS Giri and LWSS Gumma.
- Based on the studies and need assessment carried out under the program it was decided to build a new bulk water scheme of 67 MLD from River Sutlej.
CM congratulates Sneha Negi for winning gold medal:
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur has congratulated Sneha Negi for winning gold medal in Asian Youth and Junior Boxing Competition at Dubai in 66 kg category.
- Sneha Negi hails from Sangla area of Kinnaur district and defeated UAE boxer to grab the gold medal.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: