Himachal Pradesh Monthly Current Affairs
Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar sworn in as Governor of Himachal Pradesh:
- Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar sworn in as the 28th Governor of Himachal Pradesh in a simple but impressive ceremony held at Raj Bhawan.
- Chief Justice of HP High Court Justice Ravi Malimath administered the oath of office and secrecy to him.
- The Governor was also given an impressive Guard of Honour on the occasion.
- Chief Secretary Anil Khachi read out the warrant of appointment.
- Secretary to the Governor Priyatu Mandal obtained the signature of the Governor on the charge certificate.
- Arlekar said that he was impressed by the hospitality of the people of the state. He said that many people from Himachal Pradesh have contributed towards the Goa Liberation Movement and Ram Singh was one of them. “I will try to meet his family”, said he.
HP State Council for Child Welfare declared as Specialized Adoption Agency:
- Himachal Pradesh State Council for Child Welfare has been declared as Specialized Adoption Agency (SAA) in the state as per provision of the Adoption Regulations-2017 of Central Adoption Resources Authority (CARA) for the next five years from 18th July, 2021.
One crore saplings to be planted during State Level Van Mahotsav
- To improve the green cover in the State, Forest Department is going to celebrate State Level Van Mahotsav.
- This year a two-day plantation campaign is being organized on 20th and 21st July, 2021 in which 10 lakh saplings would be planted by different sections of the society, local people and institutions.
- To increase community participation Van Mahotsav is celebrated every year in different part of the state after formal inauguration at state level.
- Van Mahotsav is celebrated to create awareness amongst people about significance of conservation of nature, check global warming and pollution.
- 72nd Van Mahotsav is being celebrated in the State to achieve the target of planting more than one crore saplings on 14,000 hectare area. Forest Department is providing 51 saplings to ward members of municipalities and panchayats for plantation, with the help of local community.
- In addition to this one lakh saplings will also be planted separately in association with State Red Cross Society involving the participation of different local organizations.
- To commemorate 50 years of full statehood of Himachal Pradesh, the Forest Department has undertaken an initiative named Swarnim Vatika which is being developed in all the legislative constituencies throughout the State.
- About 34 Swarnim vatikas have been developed so far in the State at different locations. 150 water storage tanks will be constructed under Jal Bhandaran Scheme during year 2021-22.
- A provision to spend Rs 16 crore 80 lakhs in the financial year 2021- 22 for water and land conservation works has been made.
- During the financial year 2021- 22, plantations will be done by eradicating Lantana from 3500 ha forest land.
Himachal Pradesh firm up Electric Vehicle Policy 2021:
- A high level virtual stakeholder’s meeting was organized by NITI Ayog in association with Rocky Mountain Institute of California for finalizing the draft electric vehicle policy for Himachal Pradesh.
- Additional Chief Secretary Industry, Transport, Labour and Employment Ram Subhag Singh took stock of various interventions proposed by NITI Ayog for the proposed policy. He directed the Department of Transport to give final shape to the draft policy by including the recommendations of industry players at the earliest.
- During the meeting it was decided to present the draft policy for approval of the State Government in the month of August.
- All the major industry players in EV segment participated in the meeting and offered their observations on various challenges for implementation of EV policy in the State.
Mukhya Mantri Bal Uddhar Yojna:
- The Cabinet gave its consent to bring children who have lost their both parents due to covid-19 under the ambit of Mukhya Mantri Bal Uddhar Yojna to provide them additional monthly financial assistance of Rs. 1500 per month.
Implementing New Education Policy in the state:
- The Cabinet decided that in order to implement New Education Policy, question papers for class three, class five and class eight will be set by HP Board of School Education and their marking and results would be declared at cluster, block and district level respectively. The Cabinet granted six weeks exemption in school internship in respect of Diploma in Elementary Education for batch 2018-2020.
Read more: HP Current Affairs [Weekly and Monthly]
Stay updated with us: