1. What is the Vedic name of Yamuna?
2. At which place does river Beas intersects the Dhauladhar mountain range?
3. Which one of the following lakes is not in Chamba district of H.P.?
4. Which mountain pass joins Kullu and Mandi Districts of H.P.?
5. With which rishi is Nirmand region of Kullu associated?
6. With which of the following is Rewalsar village of Mandi District of H.P. associated?
B) Lomas Rishi
C) Guru Gobind Singh
D) All of the above
7. In which District of H.P. is Chamera lake?
8. What is the title of Justice Mehar Chand Mahajan’s autobiography?
A) Looking Back
B) Looking Behind
C) Looking Past
D) Looking Within
9. Who is the author of ‘Gurkha Conquest of Arki’?
A) Manmohan Singh
B) C.L. Datta
C) R.L. Handa
D) U.S. Parmar
10. Which princely state witnessed the Juga agitation around 1883 AD in which some farmers self-immolated?
11. On which day does the Guga Mandli begin to recite the Guga story by going around different villages?
A) On Rakshabandhan
B) On Guga Naumi
C) On Janmashtmi
D) On Nag Panchmi
12. Near which fort a battle was fought in May 1815 between the British and the Gurkhas in which Bhakti Thapa was killed?
13. Which Raja of Kangra princely state refused to marry his daughter to the son of Dhian Singh and has to flee to save his honour and life from Maharaja Ranjit Singh’s ire?
A) Ghamand Chand
B) Rup Chand
C) Anirudh Chand
D) Jai Chand
14. Which Raja of Kehlur princely state died issueless whose death gave rise to succession struggle?
A) Mahan Chand
B) Kharak Chand
C) Bijai Chand
D) Amar Chand
15. Around which year was Lahul region captured by the Sikhs?
16. Which one of the following hydropower projects is not in private sector?
17. According to 2010-11 Agricultural census what is the percentage of small and marginal holdings in H.P.?
A) 82.09 percent
B) 85.36 percent
C) 87.95 percent
D) 89.23 percent
18. Where was mobile soil testing lab set up in H.P. in 2010-11?
19. What is the extent of state subsidy for setting up Poly houses?
A) 30 percent
B) 40 percent
C) 50 percent
D) None of the above
20. Where is sheep breeding farm in Shimla District?
21. Which Sikh Guru got three villages from the Rani of Kehlur princely state and made his residence at Mokhowal ( later known as Anandpur Sahib)?
A) Guru Nanak
B) Guru Arjun Dev
C) Guru Hargobind
D) Guru Tegh Bahadur
22. Which one of the following princely states did not help the British during the 1857 uprising?
23. Which Raja of Sirmaur princely state tried to organize the administration of his state on the British pattern?
A) Shamsher Parkash
B) Fateh Parkash
C) Dharam Parkash
D) Karam Parkash
24. Around which year did the ruler of Chamba princely state give almost all the forests of the state on lease?
A) 1837 AD
A) on the name of the village
B) on the name of ( head of) the clan
C) on the basis of occupation of the family
D) on the name of month or day of birth
26. How many silk yarn reeling units have been set up in Bilaspur District of H.P. in the private sector?
27. What was the approximate number of registered unemployed on the live registers of the employment exchanges in H.P. on 31-12-2014?
A) Ten Lakh
B) Five Lakh
C) Fifteen Lakh.
D) Twenty Lakh
28. What is the minimum educational qualification for availing the Skill Development allowance in H.P.?
A) 5th class pass
B) 8th class pass
C) 10th class pass
D) No educational qualifications
29. How much discount is allowed in the bus fare under the Green Card Scheme of H.R.T.C.?
A) 25 percent
B) 30 percent
C) 40 percent
D) 50 percent
30. According to 2014-15 Economic Survey approximately how many Stay units are registered in H.P.?
31. What was the number of nominated members in the first Himachal Vidhan Sabha constituted in 1951-52?
32. What was the number of elected members in the H.P. Vidhan Sabha constituted in 1967?
33. In which building of Shimla town did A.O. Hume conceive the formation of Indian National Congress?
B) Rothney Castle
C) Red Roof
D) Manor House
34. Who organized an agitation against the Raja of Mandi in 1909 AD?
A) Mathra Dass
C) Mian Jawahar Singh
D) Shobha Ram
35. Who presided over the conference of Praja Mandals of Hill States held at Jubbal on July 13, 1939?
B) Bhag Mal Sautha
36. What was the venue of All India State Peoples Conference held on January 26, 1948?
37. To which area of Mandi District did Thakur Karam Singh, Chairman of H.P. Territorial Council, belong?
38. When was H.P. Academy of Arts, Culture and Language set up?
39. Who is the author of Twarikh-Jubbal, Kohistan, Shimla?
A) Ranjor Singh
B) Ganesh Singh Bedi
C) Bhagwan Dass
D) Acchar Singh
40. Which of the following is not included in the category of Scheduled Tribes in H.P.?
41. As per 2011 census which district of H.P. has the highest density of population?
B) Hamirpur (406)
D) Una (338)
42. Which District of H.P. reported the highest incidence of crime during 2014?
43. In which district of H.P. is Tangnu Romai hydropower project?
44. In which district of H.P. a site has been identified for setting up a solar plant?
45. In which river basin is Sarbari hydel power project?
46.At which one of the following reservoirs the per hectare production of fish is highest in India?
B) Pong Dam
C) Gobind Sagar
D) Ranjit Sagar Dam
47. Which country is assisting in Swan River Integrated Watershed Management Project in Una?
48. Which bank is collaborating in implementing the Doodh Ganga Scheme in H.P.?
C) UCO Bank
49. What is the approximate percentage of total geographical area of H.P. under forests?
A) 33 percent
B) 50 percent
C) 66 percent
D) 75 percent
51. Who led the Gurkha Regiment’s 1857 revolt at Jutog Cant?
A. Ram Parsad Bairagi
B. Subedar Bhim Singh
C. Commander Amar Singh Thapa
D. Captain Rattan Singh
52. Which is the birth place of Pahari Gandhi Baba Kanshi Ram?
A. Gurnkad village in Kangra District
B. Haroli village in Una District
C. Khidri village in Kangra District
D. Bhumpal village in Hamirpur District
53. In which year was suspension bridge built over river Beas near Mandi town of H.P?
B. 1882 AD
C. 1888 AD
D. 1894 AD
54. What is the approximate area of Kangra District of H.P (in sq. Kms)?
A. 3975 sq. kms
B. 5739 sq. kms
C. 7395 sq. kms
D. 9537 sq. Kms
55. Which Mughal emperor ordered the demolition of all temples of Chamba Princely state around 1678 AD?
C. Shah Jahan
56. When was Social Forestry Project launched In H.P ?
57. Which Raja of Chamba abdicated in favour of his son Shyam Singh around 1873 AD ?
A. Siri Singh
B. Gopal Singh
C. Jeet Singh
D. Charat Singh
58. Who occupied the throne of Kangra princely state when Raja Hari Chand was presumed dead ?
A. Ranbir Chand
B. Jagat Chand
C. Karam Chand
D. Ghamand Chand
59. Which noble of Lambagraon became the chief of Katoch clan after the death of Raja Pramod Chand in 1850-51?
A. Kirat Chand
B. Uday Chand
C. Daljit Chand
D. Pratap Chand
60. Which uncle of Raja Ajit Singh of Kullu attacked the kingdom with the help of Rajas of Kangra and Mandi but was defeated because of sabotage by the Raja of Mandi?
A. Kishan Singh
B. Jhagad Singh
C. Hira Singh
D. Lal Singh
61. According to Paris Agreement on climate change, the countries of the world have resolved to limit the rise in global average surface temperature by the year 2050 ( with reference to pre-industrial times) upto a maximum of :
A) 2.5 C
B) 2 C
C) 1.5 C
62. Indian government has set a target of reducing its carbon emission intensity by the year 2030 ( with respect to 2005) to the extent of :
A) 15-25 %
63. At present, the concentration of carbon dioxide gas in the atmosphere by volume is about:
64. Total forest cover as percent(%) of its geographical area is maximum for which state of India?
A) Madhya Pradesh
65. Green Climate Fund (GCF) is expected to have contributions from UN member states totaling:
A) $ 10 bn per year
B) $ 20 bn per year
C) $ 50 bn per year
D) $ 100 bn per year
66. By the year 2030, the share of renewable energy in the total installed capacity of electrical power in the country, sought to be achieved by Government of India, is:
67. International Solar Alliance was launched by Prime Minister of India along with:
A) Barack Obama
B) David Cameron
C) Angela Merkel
D) Francois Hollande
68. In recent times ‘Yellow rain’ has been reported to have been observed in some parts of which state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
69. The year 2016 has been declared by UN as:
A) International year of soils
B) International year of pulses
C) International year of solar energy
D) International year of nano-science
70. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has entered into collaboration with which country for the programme ‘Soil Protection and Rehabilitation for Food Security’?
71. Who is currently the chairperson of National Green Tribunal?
A) Sunita Narayan
B) M.C. Mehta
C) Bhure Lal
D) Swatanter Kumar
72. To curb air pollution, the odd-even scheme for vehicles was introduced first time in which city?
73. ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’ is about:
A) Free LPG connection to poor families
B) Providing electricity to all villages
C) Developing solar cities
D) Providing scholarship to poor girl students
74. The recent unprecedented wildfire nick-named “Beast” has occurred in which country?
75. The refugee crises in Europe emanated from the exodus of people from:
A) India, Germany, Japan, South Africa
B) India, Germany, Japan, Brazil
C) Russia, India, Germany, Japan
D) USA, Canada, Germany, France
77. In the year 2016, Japan conferred one of its highest civilian honors—‘Order of Rising Sun’ (Gold and Silver Star) on:
A) N.K. Singh
B) E. Sreedharan
C) Amitabh Bachchan
D) Narendra Modi
78. International Festival of Drums and Traditional Arts titled — ‘Drums dialogue for Peace’ was recently held in which city?
C) Rio de Janeiro
79. In connection with ‘Panama Leaks’, the name Mossack Fonseca is that of a:
A) National leader
B) Offshore law firm
C) Investigative journalist
80. In the year 2015, in terms of its GDP ($dollars) India economy in the world ranking was at number:
81. As per the UN estimates, the world’s population by the year 2050 is going to be about:
A) 8.5 bn
B) 9.7 bn
C) 10.5 bn
D) 11.5 bn
82. The fastest India train ‘Gatiman Express’ has the highest speed of:
A) 160 km/hr
B) 200 km/hr
C) 340 km/hr
D) 370 km/hr
83. Which of the famous poets mentioned below is known by the name ‘The Bard’?
A) William Shakespeare
B) William Wordsworth
C) John Milton
D) W.B. Yeats
84. Who is the author of the book — ‘Friends in Wild Places: Birds, Beasts and Other Companions’?
A) Vikram Seth
B) Adela Florence Nicolson
C) Ruskin Bond
D) Rudyard Kipling
85. Who is the cartoonist best known for his creation “The Common Man”?
A) R.K. Laxman
B) Abu Abraham
C) Mario Miranda
D) O.V. Vijayan
86. World’s smallest (nano) thermometer is bases on:
A) DNA molecules
D) Gallium arsenide
87. LISA Pathfinder mission has been launched by:
A) European Space Agency
B) Indian Space Research Organization
D) Japanese Space Agency
88. Thirty Meter Telescope project has the following partner countries:
A) USA, Canada, Britain, France, China
B) USA, Japan, China, India, France
C) USA, France, Britain, India, China
D) USA, Canada, China, India, Japan
89. At present, which country has the distinction of having world’s most powerful supercomputer?
90. Which of the following is the first completely open source mobile OS?
A) Black Berry OS
C) iOS Symbian
91.4G spectrum band does not have the frequency band:
A) 1800 MHz
B) 2300 MHz
C) 2500 MHz
D) 4200 MHz
92. Which is the first country in the world to make internet access a legal right?
93. Identify the country with top average internet connection speed at present:
C) South Korea
94. LIGO detectors observed:
A) Higgs boson
C) Cosmic rays
D) Gravitational waves
95. The film ‘The man who knew infinity’ is based on the life of which famous scientist?
A) Srinivasa Ramanujan
C) K. Chandrasekhar
D) Stephen Hawkins
96. The world’s lightest synthetic material ‘silica aerogel’ is known by the name:
A) Green air
B) Blue air
C) Grey air
D) Brown air
97. Which city leads the list of cities under Smart City Mission of Government of India?
98. In the year 2015, the worst affected country due to the outbreak of “Zika” virus was:
A) Cabo Verde
99. Which of the following digital wallets has not been launched by a bank?
100. Jack Ma is the founder of e-commerce firm: