2. CDMA stands for – Code Division Multiple Access
3. ‘World Cancer Day’ is observed every year on – 4 February
4. The Noble Prize was instituted by which country? – Sweden
5. Who among the following personality is not awarded Bharat Ratna? – Acharya Narendra Dev
6. Who of the following is a football player- Nicolas Alenka
7. “Thomas cup” is associated with – Badminton
8. Marco Polo was- travelled through India, China and other parts of Asia
9. The Central Institute of Fisheries Technology is located in- Ernakulam
10. In which state is the famous Tawang Monastery located – Arunachal Pradesh
11. Duncan Passage is situated between – South Andaman & Little Andaman
12. The longest dam in India is – Hirakund Dam
13. Which city will host the 2018 Commonwealth Games? – Gold Coast (Australia)
14. Pablo Picasso, the famous painter was – Spanish
15. Siachen is located in – Karakoram range
16. Main objective of Antyodaya programme is to – Uplift the poor
17. ASMITA, a student tracking system programme is launched by the Ministry of – Women & Child Development
18. Red list of threatened species is released by –IUCN
19. ‘mKrishi’ is an app developed by – TCS
20. Bt seed is associated with – Cotton
21. Nano technology, in other words, is – Atomic engineering
22. A deficiency of Vitamin K could be the cause of – Haemorrhaging
23. Oncogenes are associated with – Cancer
24. ‘Arihant’ is the name of – A nuclear powered submarine
25. Cryogenic Engine is used in – Space shuttle
26. Where is the first cyber police station in India- Bengaluru
27. Which of the following is not an Operating System- Java
28. Which one of the following languages is not the third generation programming language? – MATLAB
29. A computer cannot ‘boot’ if it does not have the – Operating system
30. What is the purpose of the Webcam? – To act as an input device
31. Who is the inventor of World Wide Web (www)? – Tim Berners Lee
32. WiMAX is related to which one of the following? – Communication Technology
33. Which one fo the following mobile operating systems is the most common in the world?- Symbian Operating System
34. Who among the following is known as ‘Father of Local Self Government’? – Lord Rippon
35. Which of the following is extra-constitutional body? –NITI Aayog
36. How many times has Financial Emergency been declared in India so far? – Never
37. Lokpal and lokayukta Bill deal with which amendment of Constitution? – 116th Amendment
38. Fiscal policy refers to – Revenue & Expenditure Policy of the Government
39. Who gave the slogan ‘Inquilab Zindabad’? – Hasrat Mohani
40. Who among the following annulled the Partition of Bengal? – Lord Hardinge II
41. Royal Asiatic Society was founded by – Sir William Jones
42. In which Upanishad is mentioned Satyamev Jayate? – Mundaka Upanishad
43. ‘Tripitaka’ texts are related with which religion? – Buddhism
44. NH-7 connects which of the following? – Varanasi with Kanniyakumari
45. The first Census was conducted in India in – 1872
46. In which of the following district, Maharana Pratap Sagar Reservoir is located? – Kangra
47. National Institute of Technology in H.P. is situated at – Hamirpur
48. As per Census 2011, the population density of Himachal Pradesh is – 123
49. On which date Municipal Corporation of Shimla came into existence? – 1 September, 1970
50. Which of the following district has lowest literacy rate? – Chamba
51. During which year first Assembely Election were held in H.P.? – 1952
52. Gochi is the most popular festival in – Bhaga Valley
53. The book ‘Himachal Pradesh Parichey’ is written by – Devraj Sharma
54. Kathgarh in district Kangra is famous for – Shiva Linga
55. The Hydroelectricity Project ‘Karcham Wangtoo’ is across the river- Satluj
56. Which of the following districts is rich in limestone? – Sirmaur
57. Who founded the kingdom of Hindus in 12th Century? – Ajay Chand
58. In which year was Himachal Pradesh made a Union Territory? – 1956
59. Which one of the following is different from the rest? – Church
60. As ‘Class’ is related to ‘Blackboard’, in the same way, ‘Cinema Hall’ is related to which? – Screen
61. In a code PERFECT is written as RGTHGEV then BROWN is written as- DTQYP
62. From 4 to 49, how many numbers which are divisible by 4 and sum of their digits be 9- 1
63. A is brother of B, C is the sister of B. How is B related to A? – Data inadequate
Some trees are pens.
All pens are pencils
I. Some pencils are pens
II. All trees are pens
III. Some trees are pencils.
IV. Some pencils are trees.
Directions(65-70): In each sentence given below, there is a blank space. Below each sentence, there are four words marked A, B, C and D. Out of these words choose the most appropriate word to fill in the blank.
65. The lion sprang upon the cow.
66. Be content with what you have.
67. I beg to differ with you on the subject.
68. The poor beggar was blind of one eye.
69. You are trying to drag me into a controversy.
70. The cat is hiding from us under the table.
Directions (Q.71&72): From the four options (A), (B), (C) and (D) choose the word which is nearest in meaning to given word.
71. Amnesty- General Pardon
72. Decree – an order by one in authority
Directions (Q.73&74): From the four options (A), (B), (C) and (D) choose the word which is opposite in meaning to given word.
73. Famous – obscure
74. Benign – malignant
75. 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2017 convention was held in – Bengaluru
76. Mega Festival “Prakash Utsav” on 350th Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti has been organized on January 5, 2017in – Patna
77. The first residential transgender school inaugurated on December 15, 2016 in the country is located at – Kochi
78. Which country has been suspended from MERCOSUR for violating its democratic principles on December 4, 2016? – Venezuela
79. India’s first cashless island as declared by the Union Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology on January 13, 2017 is – Karang
80. Who among the following is the recipient of Padma Vibhushan Award on January 25, 2017 in the field of ‘Public Affairs’? – Murli Manohar Joshi
81. Mitra Shakti 2016 is a joint armed forces exercise between India and – Sri Lanka
82. Who won the Best Actor (Male) award during 62nd Filmfare Awards 2017 ceremony? – Amir Khan
83. Who is the winner of Miss Universe 2017 title? – Iris Mittenaere
84. Who is the winner of Australian Open 2017 in Men’s singles category? – Roger Federer
85. Who is the author of the book “What Happened to Netaji”? – Anuj Dhar
86. Who has been newly appointed as the Director of CBI on January 19, 2017?- Alok Kumar Verma
87. Which of the following is known as Asia’s cleanest village? – Mawlynnong
88. The headquarters of International Court of Justice is at – Hague
89. Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre is at – Thiruvanathapuram
90. Transparency international is – the global civil society organization leading the fight against corruption
91. Who translated the National Song into English? – Aurobindo Ghosh
Liked the article? We’re a non-profit website. Make a donation and help us build our work.